Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (2 Viewers)

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Is this thing the Muhammad Ali of chicken sandwiches? Thats what I've heard so far. Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's had to chime in.

If so, I fully expect if I try to get one of these things on my cheat day, they'll b nice and out of em.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I finally tried the chicken sandwich. My son brought some home. It tastes like greasy diner. I am not going to say it is bad, because it isn't, but I'll stick with Chick-fil-A.
I still can't bring myself to intentionally eat 42 grams of fat, including 14 grams of saturated fat in one sandwich item.

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
The quality of the sandwich can vary depending on how fresh it is. When it first came out they were turning over so quickly that they didn't get a chance to sit around, so you always got a fresh one. Now that isn't always the case. Likewise, sometimes you can get one with too much mayo on it -- it just needs enough to give it some flavor and keep it moist, if it's dripping out the sides it's too much.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
ever notice that sometimes the chicken has an odd texture to it? Kind of like rubbery.

Reaction score
Since we are talking spicy stuff has anyone tried a scorpion pepper? I had never heard of them until I saw this YouTube video about the spiciest burger in Texas. The video was insane and there’s no way I’d ever do that to my stomach.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
I ordered a bottle of the Tabasco scorpion pepper sauce a while back. I like it, but I prefer the Tabasco Habanero sauce. I just like the "fruitiness" of the habanero.

The Tabasco scorpion sauce does have a good amount of heat, but not a ton of flavor.

I've not eaten any crazy scorpion, carolina reaper or ghost pepper infused/coated foods. My 51 year old GI tract is showing struggles when processing very spicy foods. I'll still knock back some chicken vindaloo on occasion, but I find myself dialing back spice levels as my decrepitude advances.

Reaction score
I ordered a bottle of the Tabasco scorpion pepper sauce a while back. I like it, but I prefer the Tabasco Habanero sauce. I just like the "fruitiness" of the habanero.

The Tabasco scorpion sauce does have a good amount of heat, but not a ton of flavor.

I've not eaten any crazy scorpion, carolina reaper or ghost pepper infused/coated foods. My 51 year old GI tract is showing struggles when processing very spicy foods. I'll still knock back some chicken vindaloo on occasion, but I find myself dialing back spice levels as my decrepitude advances.
I’m 56 and I’ve abused my gi tract over the years. I’ve also found that the older I get no amount of ice cream does anything to help you out.

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
FYI, and this was mentioned earlier in the thread- there is no ‘spicy’ or ‘mild’ chicken sandwich.. they are exactly the same, the only difference is that the ‘spicy’ version comes with Spicy Mayonnaise.. Since mayonnaise is the most disgusting substance on the planet, the couple times i got the Popeyes chicken sandwich, i ordered it plain and got some of their dipping sauce.. i think the Mardi Gras Mustard, or Ranch.
Ranch is half mayo or more.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom