Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (3 Viewers)

Every time I've gotten them, they were soggy and cold. I just gave up on em.
Yeah, I have this same issue with the fries. Unless you eat them right after you get them, they turn to mush. They're great fresh piping hot. But 5-10 minutes later, they're unrecognizable. Some places, fries stay crispy longer. Not so for Popeyes fries.

Until 6 months ago, yes. They got rid of it at the same time they got rid of the dirty rice or whatever they called it.
Cajun rice. Kinda like jambalaya. And same here. They ditched the Cajun rice. I used to prefer that over the fries. They still have mashed potatoes n gravy and Cole slaw, but that's about it. Meh.

Popeyes definitely marches to a different beat. I went the other night and the drive through was moving super quick. I get to the speaker and the girl was like hey cash only. I was cool with that but 4 out of 5 cars had plastic only I guess. Explained the quick line. So I get to the window and it was sprinkling a little bit. Girl was like hey it will be 5 mts for spicy but just wait here. I don’t want to walk in the rain to bring it to you. Now we have cash only and gridlock. Crazy. Chicken was good though. Had Red Bean as well. Pricey though.

Tried to get some spicy yesterday.

Me: I'll have a 3 piece spicy white with red beans
Employee: we only have fries for sides
Me: No, those are horrible. Lemme just get the 8 piece with 4 biscuits
Employee: that'll be 19.99 drive around
Me: How much?
Emp: 19.99
Me looking at the sign for a 10 piece with 5 biscuits and 2 large sides @19.99 +tax: Nah, I'm good cancel the order...
they have menu items and they have specials. if you don't specify the special, you get menu price.

This is why we Popeyes, even with the bad stuff that comes with it.

Okay so I posted that two days ago (with a transcript that I personally prepared lol) in the Popeyes Cajun Flounder thread. Because that's what she ordered. Damnit.

EDIT - Different one, my bad. The other one is great too:

Last edited:
Okay so I posted that two days ago (with a transcript that I personally prepared lol) in the Popeyes Cajun Flounder thread. Because that's what she ordered. Damnit.
This clip is a different one than the one you posted lol... There's singing in this one lol...

My bad, thanks. "Miss Cynthia" is apparently a legend. She's at the I-10/Loyola exit location.
She used to work at the one on Williams and West Esplanade a few years back, so we ordered from her a lot. She was a guest on some talk show that gifted her a car. We havent seen her in a long while until we went to the one on Loyola a few months ago, and there she was.

You mean dijon mustard? Meh. I far prefer sweet heat, but to each their own.
They're the same color...but the horseradish in Mardi Gras Mustard isn't typical of Dijon mustards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom