Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (1 Viewer)

They really played on the perceived "universal truth" that CFA has the best chicken sandwich ever made in the history of ever. It seems to have paid off mightily. And, again, I do love me some CFA, but it doesn't shock me that, with a little effort, another chain could rival them.

man, the CFA sandwich isn't that great.

They are opening 15 here in the Greater Toronto Area in the next 5 years. The only one currently is out in Calgary, in the airport, apparently. And people are really, really excited about getting some Chick Fil A up here.

(Of course, you can also imagine that it's also being targeted for protests, too, because of its controversial stances and the robust nature of the city's LGBTQ community)

But I keep telling them that they are only going to set themselves up for disappointment. I mean, the sandwich is good but it's not that great and really has the title by default because there's nobody really focusing on making a real chicken sandwich.

Shake Shack, but there aren't as many locations. Wendy's does a decent one, but they have more of a menu.

The moment that someone that does *just* chicken and puts some time into it, it's not going to be hard to compete with the quality of the sandwich itself.

We went once this summer - and it happened to be on a really dumb day. We're walking into the restaurant on some random afternoon and see that it's just packed. More than usual. And people are wearing cow costumes and such. Apparently it was "dress like a cow and eat for free" day or some such.

It did *not* add to my Chick Fil A experience.

It's a slightly above mediocre sandwich. And their nuggets are really sad little things.

I can't believe Boston Market still has some locations out there...that has to be the blandest most vanilla food i've ever had...

I've only ever eaten at one they had near a hotel we stayed at in Houston a lot when my dad was having a lot of surgeries and procedures. It was... ummm... not good. It was convenient and we'd get hungry and it would technically fill your stomach. But yea....

Haven't tried the sandwich yet but will soon...not a big chick fila fan, the chicken isn't that crunchy and that is important to me....like Canes sandwich much better....

All day. Every day.

I gotta say: I really like the chick fil a chicken sandwich. I really like the chick fil a service too. Both are models of what fast food should be imo. I just don’t eat like that anymore. I’ll maybe get their salad which is quite good. The one by me is so crowded though that no one goes there anymore.

I rarely go to Popeyes. I’m very curious to try this popeyes sandwich though. It just might be enough to entice me to suffer their horrible service.

My Darrell's Special with Extra Gravy and Heavy Special Sauce looks at this and just laughs...
Man, I haven't thought about Darrell's in a while. I make sure to drop by there every time I get back to Lake Chuck.

Last edited:
They really played on the perceived "universal truth" that CFA has the best chicken sandwich ever made in the history of ever. It seems to have paid off mightily. And, again, I do love me some CFA, but it doesn't shock me that, with a little effort, another chain could rival them.
Controversial opinion (now, apparantly): CFA spicy chicken sandwich still the goat. No sauce needed. Couple that with the waffle fries and, well, back to the drawing board Popeye's.

Tried it today and it is better than CFA easy. I’m almost positive it has MSG in it though. I was craving it and anything else salty after. Totally worth it though.

CFA spicy chicken sandwich still the goat.

curb-your-enthusiasm-20070813041706454-000.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom