PSA - get your colonoscopy (2 Viewers)

Yeah it’s not really the procedure that I’m worried about, it’s the prep - yuck
definitely, the prep is far and away the worst part.

You may want to ask your doctor about the mirilax option. IIRC, it wasn't that much water
I had to drink for the last one I had. The first one I had required me to drink what seemed
like a flooded lake.

please do not use 'flushable' wipes for anything ever....well, you can use them but don't flush them

they are terrible for sewer systems
Too late.

I'm on a septic system. I play it safe. We only flush plain white unscented TP. I don't take chances. I've only
had to pump it out once in 29 years,so I guess I'm doing the right thing.

I'm on a septic system. I play it safe. We only flush plain white unscented TP. I don't take chances. I've only
had to pump it out once in 29 years,so I guess I'm doing the right thing.

not sure how it affects septic systems although i would say it's probably not a good thing to do

the problems usually occur at the lift stations or at the treatment plants....the wipes do not break down like TP so they just collect into a ball of poo wipes....enjoy your breakfast

I fasted a couple of days before mine. I only drank water and bone broth. By the time I started the process there really wasn’t anything that needed to be let loose.
Did you still consume the entire prep just for the fun of it?

not sure how it affects septic systems although i would say it's probably not a good thing to do

the problems usually occur at the lift stations or at the treatment plants....the wipes do not break down like TP so they just collect into a ball of poo wipes....enjoy your breakfast
It's really not a good idea to flush anything that doesn't bio-degrade quickly down a septic system. I live on the top
of a hill,so that also helps a lot with natural drainage.

Did you still consume the entire prep just for the fun of it?
Well yeah I wasn’t really sure. It was gross, but gross because it was too sweet maybe. At the first taste I was like, “this isn’t so bad.” 5 minutes later, yuck.

Well yeah I wasn’t really sure. It was gross, but gross because it was too sweet maybe. At the first taste I was like, “this isn’t so bad.” 5 minutes later, yuck.
Yeah, you just need to power through the drinking although there is the newer stuff that is less quantity to drink.

It‘s really not that bad though - I just get a positive mindset and focus on how nice it feels to be flushed out and clean as a whistle. The procedure itself is nothing.

And I ALWAYS eat whatever I want afterwards and have never had a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom