Report: Saints aren’t paying their fair share of payments for Superdome renovations (Update: Saints paid up!) (2 Viewers)

Why is the rest of the state hostile towards NOLA?
Every state has a flagship city.
There is a very strange disdain for New Orleans within Louisiana - outside of New Orleans.

As for the flagship city - delusional LSU fans resent that New Orleans is considered the flagship city when they believe that the university (and specifically LSU football) should be the crown jewel of Louisiana.

It was never more clearly displayed in the aftermath of Katrina. If there is something that means the opposite of “rolling out the red carpet” - that’s what Baton Rouge and especially LSU did for the Saints. There were LSU fans legit offended that the Saints were going to play games in the historic Tiger Stadium. It was a sad display - and as someone born and raised in Baton Rouge, it nearly broke my heart to see it up close.

Why is the rest of the state hostile towards NOLA?
Every state has a flagship city.
Unfortunately it’s pretty common, and I for the life of me can’t trace out why.

The rest of Georgia resents Atlanta, NY state has unease about NY city, Pennsylvania outside the two big cities has lots of disharmony with the big two, Oregonians hate Portland, and so forth. I guess the feeling is “this one place has too much influence”

Unfortunately it’s pretty common, and I for the life of me can’t trace out why.

The rest of Georgia resents Atlanta, NY state has unease about NY city, Pennsylvania outside the two big cities has lots of disharmony with the big two, Oregonians hate Portland, and so forth. I guess the feeling is “this one place has too much influence”
I don't know many people who go to the city anymore. I won't drive to new orleans for any purpose, really.

All it takes is for your windows to be shattered (happened about 18mos ago) or a gun to be pulled on you (about 2 years ago)

I don't know many people who go to the city anymore. I won't drive to new orleans for any purpose, really.

All it takes is for your windows to be shattered (happened about 18mos ago) or a gun to be pulled on you (about 2 years ago)
I go 8 to ten times every fall and will continue to do so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom