Report: Saints aren’t paying their fair share of payments for Superdome renovations (Update: Saints paid up!) (3 Viewers)

The can of worms are wide open.

This has less to do with the Saints and Pelicans and more to do with the current state administration and long held erroneous belief by some that New Orleans takes up too much of Louisiana's finances. There's people that actually think the state supports New Orleans instead of the other way around. As if Louisiana could continue to be an international draw without NOLA. Pretending New Orleans is not the crown jewel of the state is what's at the root of this problem. It's not going to get better over the next 4 years.

This has less to do with the Saints and Pelicans and more to do with the current state administration and long held erroneous belief by some that New Orleans takes up too much of Louisiana's finances. There's people that actually think the state supports New Orleans instead of the other way around. As if Louisiana could continue to be an international draw without NOLA. Pretending New Orleans is not the crown jewel of the state is what's at the root of this problem. It's not going to get better over the next 4 years.
New Orleans (and the Saints in particular) is why people know Louisiana

Given the state’s reputation for corruption, not to mention the city’s, it should not be a surprise for the franchise to ask for some documentation. If something is not on the up-and-up, it will look bad for all concerned, regardless of who did what.

I've been told by some folks that Gayle is not afraid to throw around the "I'll just move the team" threat. Hate to hear that. Even if it is just an empty threat.

I first heard of Louisiana from Sheriff John W. Pepper in Live and Let Die, and I lived there.

Couldn't have possibly been the Louisiana Purchase, Colonizations, Huey Long, The French Quarter Burlesque, The Mississippi River and its port, Seafood and Jazz.

I agree. We all know this state is the poorest in the nation.

Louisiana is mosty rural. Without the tax revenue of NOLA and BR, Louisiana would be worse off.

Without federal funding coming in, Louisiana would be close to third world.

So, Jeff Landry just appointed 6 of the 7 members of the LSED board. That is likely the reason for the current conflict and the attempt of both sides to flex on this.
That’s starting to put two and two together.

Somehow I missed how all the parties could agree to spend this much money without an ironclad long term lease. And I don’t call 2030 long term.

That’s starting to put two and two together.

Somehow I missed how all the parties could agree to spend this much money without an ironclad long term lease. And I don’t call 2030 long term.

I think the last lease was like 10 years. We are 5 years away from the end of the last lease. It's hard for either side to commit beyond that, but I think the point of the prior lease was to do the renovations during that lease and, if all went smooth with that, a new long term lease would be signed. Apparently they have some differences on what that lease would look like and adding 6 Jeff Landry appointees to the LSED probably does not help since he has made it clear he is no fan of New Orleans. But, they have 5 years to work it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom