Revisiting Joe Burrow draft (1 Viewer)

You also have to be tremendously lucky. If the Bengals bottom out a year earlier they're probably taking Kyler Murray. If Joe Burrow doesn't get hurt, they're not in position to take Chase.

Or look at the Bills. They traded away the pick to KC that was used for Mahomes when they desperately needed a QB. Later they trade for Diggs and that pick is used to select Justin Jefferson. Obviously they are happy to have Allen and Diggs but how much fun would it be to watch Mahomes with Jefferson?

Sometimes the stars align.

I remember in the lead up to the Chase pick that every expert was on some "they need to draft a lineman to protect Burrow" and they took Chase and immediately changed their fortunes. Taking a lineman is what we would've done.

Nevermind the freaking fact that a single lineman doesn't make a formidable line. You'll just have a star tackle and a bunch of scrubs. Take....the....playmaker....every damn time.
This is 💯. The build front the trenches approach without regard to what a QB needs to succeed is outdated. Sometimes this board drives me crazy with the “ we got to have a 1st round tackle or guard” like quality players don’t exist after the 1st round. Sorry, but if the OC or oline coach can’t work with 2nd, 3rd or 4th round linemen, maybe they aren’t that great of a coach. Scheme the line for strength and weakness.

The saints until last draft practically gave up on picking any high round WR or TE and we know how that worked out.

This is such a ridiculous statement. The biggest issue with this ridiculous idea of trading your entire draft for one play is CINCINNATI WOULD HAVE TO AGREE.

Which under no circumstance was that deal available. You either got the first pick and could select Burrow or not.

This idea of "record at the time, I was one that wanted to give up whatever it took to cinci to get that pick from them." is hilarious.

I was on board with doing what it took to get Burrow. He definitely would have had been what we needed, but it is what it is. I was even rooting for him to pull an Eli Manning stunt, but with ties to Ohio, would have been hard with his family.

Anyone who thought Burrow was attainable by anyone other than the Bengals was just flat out stupid. It is embarrassing how many people took swimmer's bait for hook, line, and sinker.
Stuff had gained traction on the radio.

Talking heads wanting attention. Again, anyone who thought Burrow was attainable by a team that wasn't the Bengals was stupid. There is no nice way to put it. You have to be completely out of touch with reality to not understand the priceless value Burrow is to the Bengals.

For people who don’t remember .
The year the saints traded for RW they offered the bengals even more picks then they ended up giving to Washington. They offered the bengals an extra 1st round pick they did not give Washington

But the bengals were so in love with akilli smith they said no .

Moral of the story .

If they did not take that boatload for Smith they certainly weren’t going to for burrow

Lots of stuff gets speculated about on the radio.

There’s no credible evidence there was ever a deal there to be made.

It’s been reported the Dolphins offerred three 1st round picks, including the 5th overall, and the Bengals had no interest. The Saints had absolutely no shot at trading for Burrow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom