Saints and Carr deal released $150M over 4 years $100M fully guaranteed (2 Viewers)

Again though that is not what I said. You have taken up more internet oxygen complaining about this than everything else.

Let’s maybe wait and see some actual games played with these changes before you start playing zero sum games with people that want to see success, but have not yet had our kool-aid induced Damascus road conversion experience.

Like, it was OK for people to be critical of Payton when he was in 7-9 hell, and good players for just being injured, and of course with Teddy B, Taysom, Winston, and Dalton for their various, real and imagined shortcomings.

But now you gonna make us only sings songs of praise about Dennis Allen and David Carr? Or what?

C0C36112-A0BA-4B7B-A4D2-100610883C79.jpeg
People hate challenges to the prevailing narrative. We should agree that Carr is the final piece to the puzzle and that DA is the coach to bring out his best.
Disregard DA’s coaching last season, which I think cost more games than any player, and pretend Carr didn’t play in 2022.
I’ve said many times that I want to win and wish the best for DA and Carr. But a fair discussion about each is warranted.

People hate challenges to the prevailing narrative. We should agree that Carr is the final piece to the puzzle and that DA is the coach to bring out his best.
Disregard DA’s coaching last season, which I think cost more games than any player, and pretend Carr didn’t play in 2022.
I’ve said many times that I want to win and wish the best for DA and Carr. But a fair discussion about each is warranted.

Yes, fair discussion, not “None of this matters because DA is still here.”

There’s plenty of fair discussion going on. What kind of system and receivers would maximize Carr’s skill set? Why did his play fall off in 2022? What made him good before that? Was his contract $ good value and why?

What’s getting pushed back is the “well, it doesn’t matter because DA/PC…” stuff. No one in here was happy with the job they did in 2022. Many of us wanted both, or at least one, gone. But they weren’t sent packing. They’re here, and will be here. So it’s not novel or helpful to bring it up in every thread as some sort of trump card for why the nuanced discussions are irrelevant.

If we sign Carr and do not have a vertical passing game with guys like Olave and Shaheed at WR coupled with a healthy Thomas and emerging TE in Johnson yeah, I'd say Pete Carmicheal will be the scapegoat for this season because the Defense is set.
This is a make or break year for Pete…if he does a bad job he’s gone. That’s what I think..

Patrick Mahomes is HIM. His escapability and ability to make plays after plays breakdown is unparalleled.

the Gap between 1 and 2 is greater than the gap between 2 and 32.

He is THAT good.
Yeah I was going to say something as well, that is absolutely insane.

All else equal, in the history of the game who are you taking over peak Mahomes to win you one game? He's just so good at every aspect of what you're wanting to see from your quarterback.

Yeah I was going to say something as well, that is absolutely insane.

All else equal, in the history of the game who are you taking over peak Mahomes to win you one game? He's just so good at every aspect of what you're wanting to see from your quarterback.
Old man Brees was doing his best to keep up on that list. The Saints had some impressive offenses in earlier years that could keep pace.

Patrick Mahomes is HIM. His escapability and ability to make plays after plays breakdown is unparalleled.

the Gap between 1 and 2 is greater than the gap between 2 and 32.

He is THAT good.
Holy smokes you’re right. That’s insane.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom