Saints and Carr deal released $150M over 4 years $100M fully guaranteed (2 Viewers)

I think Carr will be a better fit in the Saints offense than the Raiders. Pretty safe bet imo.

I think this is very dependent on his WR talent fit. Carr needs big body speedster that has elite explosion off the line. So, I hope we draft another guy if we keep MT.

Carr is really really good when he has some great pass catching talent, but his 80 fumbles from holding onto the ball for something to open up is such a big flaw of his...

i agree he didn't look like a world beater, but he does have 4 pro bowls.
Again, Drew Bress didn't look like a world beater before he came here either. Drew is gone, no one is gonna be him. I sure if you were a Seatlle fan you would have hated that they signed Geno Smith.. I guess i just don't understand how rational people think Andy Dalton at this stage is better than Derrick Carr..
I don’t think many people believe Dalton is better than Carr at this point in their careers. But based on the 2022 season there is not much separation. And yes Drew Bree’s looked pretty damn good before his injury.

I don’t think many people believe Dalton is better than Carr at this point in their careers. But based on the 2022 season there is not much separation. And yes Drew Bree’s looked pretty damn good before his injury.
And Brees stats were almost identical in 05 as Carrs were in 22, with one less game.
And i have no doubt if Brees would have stayed in SD, he wouldn't have the numbers he finished with..

I hope it’s a good move too and works out. It’s a fact though that he was benched. People speculate on why.

He was benched for performance. A better question, why did Carr's performance drop so much this year? Carr from 2018-21 ranked between 9-13
in passer rating. That's really consistent if unspectacular. McDaniels shows up and now he is ranked 26th in passer rating in 2022. Carr looked like a player constantly frustrated, both on the field and at the podium. There is talk about McDaniels not letting Carr audible into different passing concepts, which would be super frustrating for a veteran player. Imagine getting to the line of scrimmage, seeing the D, knowing you are at disadvantage, and there being nothing you can do about it. I can see a QB developing a "this isn't going to work" mindset and then it being self-fulfilling. I can see how his December just fell off a cliff if he no longer believed in the system, coach, or even himself.

Apparently it doesn’t sit right to have a differing opinion. This is the current state of politics so go figure it’s made it’s way into sports now.
You can have any opinion you want, but what REAL tangible facts do you present to support your opinion?

The fact was that a qb desperate team let Carr walk. The fact was he got benched during his most recent season. The third fact was Dalton out performed him when the Raiders and Saints played in 2022. Fourth he was shutout when Raiders played Saints.
My hope is that he does great. My opinion is that many people or overhyping him.
I'm pretty positive that every one of your points has been debunked on here more than once. Scroll back and you'll see

Somewhat facts. His benching was way more about preserving his health so he could be traded in the off-season than it was performance. Yes, he had his struggles under his egotistical bad head coach, but so did the majority of the offense.
Exactly, He had an injury clause in his contract that guaranteed his $ if he got hurt and they would have had to pay him instead of releasing him

coaching matters.

always has. always will

Josh McDaniel is a clown.

and btw, Drew 2003-5 never looked like Drew 2006-18. Ever. The film is out there. Take a look.

With Mac Jones, his offense was 11th in yards per drive and 5th in points per drive.

With Carr last year, his offense was 6th in yards per drive and 8th in points per drive.

If he can do it again next year with a third QB, does he start to shake the reputation that he can only coach an offense if Brady is the QB?

coaching matters.

always has. always will

and btw, Drew 2003-5 never looked like Drew 2006-18. Ever. The film is out there. Take a look.
Coaching matters, do you believe DA is the head coach that can get the best from Carr?

No idea. I guess we'll find out this season. I hope he can, but I ain't holding my breath either. He's gonna have to prove it this season or he's done.
This is where I am at. I REALLY want this to all come together and produce another long run of winning, fun to watch football with stability at HC and QB.

I am very realistic about the long odds of DA turning things around for his part. He has to win now to justify “staying the course.”

I'm pretty positive that every one of your points has been debunked on here more than once. Scroll back and you'll see
No, actually most haven’t. I said over and over I hope he does great. But the fact is he was benched during the season, some speculate that it’s for this reason or that, but those are opinions.
He was let go from his team that does not have a qb in the wings that can take over, unlike San Diego had in Rivers.
I don’t understand why so many of you take things personally because I have an opinion that doesn’t align with the majority on this board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom