Saints at the top of Davante Adams’ wish list [Raiders trade Adams to Jets for conditional 3rd ; Jets paying Adams’ entire remaining salary] (350 Viewers)

The cash equivalent value of the 80th pick (first pick in the 3rd round) is around $2.8 million. The Jets are going to pay Adams about $11 million this year and lose that $2.8 miilion pick value. If he plays well, it could go up into the second round raising the pick value. If the team plays well, it also lowers the Jets overall pick values when they are unlikely to make the playoffs anyway.

This is why the Jets are the Jets. I'm glad we didn't make that trade because it could have been even worse for us with all of money shuffling we'd have had to do it.
No doubt. I'm glad we didn't do it the way that was drawn up. Looks like Loomis thought the same here. He wasn't gonna take Adams' full remains salary this season and probably was the sticking point in the negotiations. I'm no fan of Loomis, but he was right not to do this deal. Phew.

The conditions on the Adams deal aren't bad. I would've been good with that. It's too late for him to make All-Pro. If he got us to the NFC Championship game I'd be good giving up the higher pick. But there's no way I'd be cool with paying that entire salary. Good chance the Jets give up a 3rd round pick and cut him after the season.

The conditions on the Adams deal aren't bad. I would've been good with that. It's too late for him to make All-Pro. If he got us to the NFC Championship game I'd be good giving up the higher pick. But there's no way I'd be cool with paying that entire salary. Good chance the Jets give up a 3rd round pick and cut him after the season.

He could easily make second team All-Pro based on reputation alone. Especially while playing in New York with Rodgers no doubt doing everything he can to get him the ball.

I just can't see giving up a 2nd round pick for a soon to be 32 year-old WR. Especially for a team that is on the verge of having a total collapse. For the 2nd to even be close to worth it you would have to extend him until he is 34 or 35 years old and pay big money each year to do it. Not really worth it IMO.

He could easily make send team All-Pro based on reputation alone. Especially while playing in New York with Rodgers no doubt doing everything he can to get him the ball.

I just can't see giving up a 2nd round pick for a soon to be 32 year-old WR. Especially for a team that is on the verge of having a total collapse. For the 2nd to even be close to worth it you would have to extend him until he is 34 or 35 years old and pay big money each year to do it. Not really worth it IMO.

I feel like All-Pro is more fair than pro bowl. 7 WRs make it. He's not in the top 50 in any category right now. And I don't think Rodgers is going to stop throwing to Wilson and Lazard. There's going to be a target share there.

This likely fell through for us due to how badly we got destroyed yesterday.

Reports were that the sticking point for the Saints was draft pick compensation. So maybe Mickey came to his senses, realized he wasn't dealing with Howie Roseman, and refused to give up the 2nd round pick?

There’s no way we could match this deal, specifically with the financial component not being altered.

It’s like the Raiders got the best of both worlds from a desperate, and quite frankly, irresponsible organization.

Well our game was the day before yesterday. But I think the biggest factor was the Jets taking on all of the salary. If we wanted the raiders to take on salary they probably would've needed a guaranteed 2nd round pick. Maybe they were asking 2nd that becomes a 1st if he's all-pro or we go to the NFCCG. Either way I'm glad it didn't happen because we need our picks and I'd rather see Means and Tipton continue to develop at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom