Saints claim All-Pro KR/RB Kene Nwangwu (Update: Nwangwu was waived-failed physical) (1 Viewer)

Maybe he's a late bloomer as a RB but even if he's not, Rizzi might put him and Shaheed back on kickoffs and make teams choose which All-Pro returner they are going to kick to.

A key element in this blocking scheme is creating "one cut and up" runs. Makes it a lot easier for RBs to be decisive and with Nwangwu's speed, if he gets to the second level its 40+ yards if not a TD.

True and this guy might develop. But his stats in college and the NFL seem to indicate he has a ways to go to develop into a competent NFL RB.

Rizzi was one of the masterminds for the new kickoff rules. If Vikings fans were smart they would be going "Hey wait a second that guy created the new kickoff rules and he just signed a guy we got rid of? We made a mistake..."

In Kubiak's system, this kid might take one to the house.

I think this is a Rizzi move and that Rizzi has some serious juice on this staff. I think Rizzi has been dreaming of ways to work the new kickoff rule and the Saints will be the best kickoff team in the NFL. Kubiak also uses a quick hit, one cut, running scheme. It's the type of sceme that an "unknown" RB could maybe thrive in, but we shall see.

I'm actually hopeful about the season, especially if we can avoid a horrible start.

If this team can somehow get a lead early, this Defense should be able to really turn up the heat and force some turnovers. Kubiak will kill some clock with this offense.

I think this is a Rizzi move and that Rizzi has some serious juice on this staff. I think Rizzi has been dreaming of ways to work the new kickoff rule and the Saints will be the best kickoff team in the NFL. Kubiak also uses a quick hit, one cut, running scheme. It's the type of sceme that an "unknown" RB could maybe thrive in, but we shall see.

I'm actually hopeful about the season, especially if we can avoid a horrible start.

If this team can somehow get a lead early, this Defense should be able to really turn up the heat and force some turnovers. Kubiak will kill some clock with this offense.
We have the best returner in the league paired with the second best returner in the league and the guy who wrote the kickoff rule. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Kubiak also uses a quick hit, one cut, running scheme. It's the type of sceme that an "unknown" RB could maybe thrive in, but we shall see.
So true. We've seen rookies, journeymen, and off brand RBs look like Pro Bowlers out of nowhere in that type of scheme. I'm not going to turn my nose up to any weapon who brings speed to the table. I'd love to have a RB who can make a house call on any given down. SP's offense didn't seem conducive to that. For some reason it always seemed like the defense was playing with 12 dudes and they were all in the box. Then you watch other teams breaking long runs left and right with what seems to be 8 defenders on the field.

If he does anything offensively that's a bonus though. Hopefully we're on the cutting edge in terms of the new kickoff return game. Having another All Pro caliber return man could help with that.

It's a good point about the outside zone run scheme that Kubiak uses. Lots of average RBs have looked like stars in this scheme going back to the days that Mike Shanahan used it in Denver. If this guy can learn to be patient and use that speed when the hole develops he could be a nice change of pace back who can hit the occasional big play.

I like this pickup, hopefully he can stay healthy, Shaheed is way to valuable to be returning kicks IMO....

Yeah, I had "Championship" in my mind --- the tears of Vikings fans resonating on the socials and now this? Curse you Perry the Platypus!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom