Saints jersey number changes (1 Viewer)

When you said "95% of people don't care" about the other team in high school football, you were doing the exact same thing you accused MV2 of.

I find it funny that you can dish it out, but when you're shown to be doing the exact same thing, it's a problem.

I’m not sure what exactly it is I “dished out.” The guy essentially said I was right and that he only cares about the Saints. 🤣

Curious, what percentage of high school and college fans you think are watching games and know the roster of their opponent?

Also, what percentage you think does at the NFL level. And lastly, would you agree that some people care more than others?

You added this part later, but to this I’ll say that this potentially further highlights my point above.

With college recruiting, are you watching EVERYONE, or are you just watching certain players and everyone else is just background? Be honest.

These are different games we are watching, different environments, different rooting interest levels, and different levels of care for what’s happening with each individual on the field (at least for some). “Football isn’t just football,” the way you say it.

We have different experiences when it comes to the game, and that’s fine, but no need for anyone to be talking down to anyone because of it.

The fact that even Tom Brady freaked out about it speaks for itself. This isn’t some meritless discussion.

When you watch other NFL games are you watching just the star players or the whole game? Be honest.

You started talking down to MV2. Take your own advice. You keep bringing up Tom Brady, "The fact that even Tom Brady freaked out about it speaks for itself. This isn’t some meritless discussion." Is an example of you talking down. How dare someone disagree with me and the great Tom Brady, LOL. But since you keep saying it, I say this...

The NFL which uses committees of owners, GMs, coaches, and players to makes the decisions about the direction of the league and rule changes made the decision that numbers don't matter. They wouldn't have done that without input from more people than Belichick and Brady. That they even did it speaks volumes more than the New England brain trust on cheating.
You have a difference of opinion.

When you watch other NFL games are you watching just the star players or the whole game? Be honest.

You started talking down to MV2. Take your own advice. You keep bringing up Tom Brady, "The fact that even Tom Brady freaked out about it speaks for itself. This isn’t some meritless discussion." Is an example of you talking down. How dare someone disagree with me and the great Tom Brady, LOL. But since you keep saying it, I say this...

The NFL which uses committees of owners, GMs, coaches, and players to makes the decisions about the direction of the league and rule changes made the decision that numbers don't matter. They wouldn't have done that without input from more people than Belichick and Brady. That they even did it speaks volumes more than the New England brain trust on cheating.
You have a difference of opinion.

Okay. I completely disagree that I talked down to MV2, who started it by saying everyone in this thread that hates the new rules that because they like the old rules it means they don't know their own team, but it's fine.

I know when something has become more of a personal target thing rather than an opinion based on actual merit. I haven't even said his opinion on the number system is "wrong," I just didn't like the connation he was giving that it means we are not true football fans for not being able to tell positions apart or don't fully know our own team because of it.

Can we agree on this...

Not everyone watches football through the same lenses, not everyone has the same experiences with the game, not everyone has played or coached or has associated certain things with the sport in the exact same manner? So some of us may prefer the number system the way it used to be and some prefer the new method, and leave it at that without anyone putting anyone down?

This is becoming silly. But to answer your question, yes I watch the whole game and players and most of the league's games via Red Zone, look at stats after games, etc., love the roster building elements just as much as the games themselves...I'm an NFL freak, though admittedly not as much as before I became a father and had a good bit of my time devoted to more important things.

I’m not sure what exactly it is I “dished out.” The guy essentially said I was right and that he only cares about the Saints. 🤣

Curious, what percentage of high school and college fans you think are watching games and know the roster of their opponent?

Also, what percentage you think does at the NFL level. And lastly, would you agree that some people care more than others?

Bro, this is not as hard as you're making it out to be, LOL. It's not hard to figure out if #5 was a RB, QB, or WR during the game. I don't mean to laugh but c'mon man.

To your last question though. Again, you said people don't care about high school football. That's not true. Don't be so dismissive of other people's feelings because you only like the NFL.

Bro, this is not as hard as you're making it out to be, LOL. It's not hard to figure out if #5 was a RB, QB, or WR during the game. I don't mean to laugh but c'mon man.

To your last question though. Again, you said people don't care about high school football. That's not true. Don't be so dismissive of other people's feelings because you only like the NFL.

I never said “people don’t care about high school football.” But sure, create yet another strawman.

And again, it may not be hard to figure out on offense; it happens more so on defense. Laugh all you want, but I can confidently state that I know the game and that my opinions are shared by people much closer to the game than you and I are.

Just because ownership approved it doesn’t mean that the other side is wrong. Hell, it doesn’t mean EITHER side is wrong. It just means they have differing opinions and some people care about it or see the value in it more than others.

This is becoming silly. But to answer your question, yes I watch the whole game and players and most of the league's games via Red Zone, look at stats after games, etc., love the roster building elements just as much as the games themselves...I'm an NFL freak, though admittedly not as much as before I became a father and had a good bit of my time devoted to more important things.

Same. That's how people into high school recruiting watch high school football. Games from all over the country are now streamed on the internet, shown live on tiktok, etc.

I said very early on this exchange, it's fine to have a difference of opinion.

... I can confidently state that I know the game and that my opinions are shared by people much closer to the game than you and I are.

And even more people within the NFL's walls are of the opinion that it doesn't matter.

Same. That's how people into high school recruiting watch high school football. Games from all over the country are now streamed on the internet, shown live on tiktok, etc.

I said very early on this exchange, it's fine to have a difference of opinion.

Answer my question from before…when recruiting, are you studying the roster around the player(s) you’re keying in on?

I never said no one cares about high school football; it’s just a different level of interest and familiarity worth studying for *most* observers.

I know you’re not on here saying that the interest level and familiarity of the individuals on a high school team are the same as an NFL team’s, so I don’t get what you’re trying to prove with this tangent.

And even more people within the NFL's walls are of the opinion that it doesn't matter.
Ok great, it doesn’t mean the other side is wrong. They just have different points of view and find it has more value than others. If 75% of the league’s owners don’t care, that doesn’t invalidate the other side’s thoughts on the subject. lol

Ok great, it doesn’t mean the other side is wrong. They just have different points of view and find it has more value than others. If 75% of the league’s owners don’t care, that doesn’t invalidate the other side’s thoughts on the subject. lol

No it doesn't. Even if Brady was annoyed, his opinion isn't some beacon of rightness. That was my point.

No it doesn't. Even if Brady was annoyed, his opinion isn't some beacon of rightness. That was my point.

I never said it was a “beacon of righteousness.” 😅

I only mentioned that the greatest QB/player in the history of the game and the greatest coach in the history of the game both say it has value, that’s it. That was my only point, that it served a purpose and two of the icons of the sport shared the opinion.

But hey, 75% of the ownership was okay with it (we know they’re ALWAYS right on rules changes and ALWAYS side with their football people on these matters), and the players that wanted it for fun (mostly gen z millennials who virtually all turn their back on anything old school/traditional for the sake of it) don’t mind it, so all is well and that means it doesn’t matter or served any purpose whatsoever that some people may have found value in. Nope, that’s all invalidated now.

I never said it was a “beacon of righteousness.” 😅

I only mentioned that the greatest QB/player in the history of the game and the greatest coach in the history of the game both say it has value, that’s it. That was my only point, that it served a purpose and two of the icons of the sport shared the opinion.

But hey, 75% of the ownership was okay with it (we know they’re ALWAYS right on rules changes and ALWAYS side with their football people on these matters), and the players that wanted it for fun (mostly millennials who virtually all turn their back on anything old school/traditional for the sake of it) don’t mind it, so all is well and that means it doesn’t matter or served any purpose whatsoever that some people may have found value in. Nope, that’s all invalidated now.

I didn't say you did. You're holding up his opinion like it carries more weight than anyone else connected to the NFL.

That talking down thing you were talking about earlier in the thread? You're doing it right now.

I dislike the new system. The owners approved it because it meant an influx of jersey sales, and if they can make players happy while making money they don't care.

I think over time it'll pose problems as new quarterbacks that start with a team, there won't be any single digit #s to choose from.

It's not a confusion thing for me, I know who plays where. I just thought it was cool the way it was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom