Saints released Michael Thomas per Duncan; Thomas & Winston are Post-June 1 cuts (2 Viewers)

Interesting that Duncan concluded his column by saying Thomas had earned his place in the Saints Hall of Fame. He did point out a few low moments for Thomas in the article, but finished by saying he was one of the best to wear black and gold.
It seems like Thomas went in on Duncan over using the term “released” and automatically assumed malice. It’s something the Saints had to do before they owed him a 31M 2024 roster bonus when the league year starts next week. I guess he would’ve preferred to see “Thomas will become a FA before restructured roster bonus kicks in” but it’s still the same thing as a release from the contract for the Saints to not pay the bonus.

I have unconditional love for Michael Thomas and always will. I hope he goes somewhere who has that legit GM-Coach-QB combo again, stays healthy, and makes plays. He'll never again be what he once was but I have no problem with his publicly calling clowns what they are, whether they were in media or the team management.

It seems like Thomas went in on Duncan over using the term “released” and automatically assumed malice. It’s something the Saints had to do before they owed him a 31M 2024 roster bonus when the league year starts next week. I guess he would’ve preferred to see “Thomas will become a FA before restructured roster bonus kicks in” but it’s still the same thing as a release for the Saints to get out of the contract.

I think he’s just offended that Duncan has created a headline of a known event, something we knew a year ago was coming, and the local and national media are both running with it like it’s some sort of breaking news.

Last edited:
I hope your beer is warm, food is cold, and your phone has 2% battery.

I'm going to go play MT highlights on Youtube now. Have a better day than the above is having.
That’s fine — go watch MT13’s highlights from 2016-2019, because the highlights from 2020-2023 are going to be difficult to find.

Just realize that the version of Thomas from his first 4 years as a Saint no longer exists.

Did Nick post anything yet?

I’m sad for him. How can you state “The Saints are leaking to ruin players” while also saying “it’s not happening”. You can be a good dude Michael, you’re gifted and rich, live a peaceful life!

I can repeat my “not a shock” post here. It’s surely a shame things crashed and burned for him after the 2020 ankle injury. He was on pace to hold every receiving record there is to hold with the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom