Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (1 Viewer)

But, we're talking about your yard as well. If the whole neighborhood takes care of their yard and you don't, what do you think happens? Your neighbor has an emaculate lawn, but no one wants to live next to a dump....devalued. My point is that this isn't something just one or two of us can solve as long as there are others that don't give a damn or are enabling it. And inaction is the same as enabling. We have a long hard road ahead of us, full of pot holes, if we just take care of them as we go, by time we reach the end and look back at it, everything will be improved.
If you don't take care of your property and are delusional about the shape it's in, I don't see how my commentary and observations are "enabling" you.

It's not as if cops are elected. What the hell could a civilian have done to make those cowards enter the Uvalde classroom? What civilian actions could've stopped them from pumping Jayland with 60 bullets?

They are cowards and bullies and liars. No amount of community kumbaya is going to change that.

If you don't take care of your property and are delusional about the shape it's in, I don't see how my commentary and observations are "enabling" you.

It's not as if cops are elected. What the hell could a civilian have done to make those cowards enter the Uvalde classroom? What civilian actions could've stopped them from pumping Jayland with 60 bullets?

They are cowards and bullies and liars. No amount of community kumbaya is going to change that.
I think you're making my point for me. Sitting on the porch yelling, "go team" ain't cutting it. Yes, cops are HIRED, not elected. That's where the weeding begins.

I think you're making my point for me. Sitting on the porch yelling, "go team" ain't cutting it. Yes, cops are HIRED, not elected. That's where the weeding begins.
I don't think you had a point.

Just another law enforcement apologist who comes running to declare, "Not all cops!" whenever I make a general observation about their incompetence.

It's the (ironic) equivalent of #AllLivesMatter.

I don't think you had a point.

Just another law enforcement apologist who comes running to declare, "Not all cops!" whenever I make a general observation about their incompetence.

It's the (ironic) equivalent of #AllLivesMatter.
All people everywhere must be nihilists as well.

You're absolutely correct.
It would help so much if people accepted this from the jump. That (in my head) I'm correct in my assessments.

Eliminate all the back and forth. Because this won't be the last time I say cops suck.

It would help so much if people accepted this from the jump. That (in my head) I'm correct in my assessments.

Eliminate all the back and forth. Because this won't be the last time I say cops suck.
I guess the question is, say we agree you're correct, what now?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying cops suck. The question is what do you do about it? Throw out the good with the bad and start from scratch? Or do you use the good to carve out the bad and start from a strong base?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying cops suck. The question is what do you do about it? Throw out the good with the bad and start from scratch? Or do you use the good to carve out the bad and start from a strong base?
What are THEY going to do about it?

It's like when the George Floyd issues come up and white people turn to Black people asking, "What can we do to help?"

YOU created this problem! You figure out how to fix it.

What are THEY going to do about it?

It's like when the George Floyd issues come up and white people turn to Black people asking, "What can we do to help?"

YOU created this problem! You figure out how to fix it.
THEY can't do it alone. American society helped shape the police. American society needs to help reshape them. A paraphrased quote from a movie I can't remember the name of at the moment goes, "We are all in it up to our necks. None of us are clean."

THEY can't do it alone. American society helped shape the police. American society needs to help reshape them. A paraphrased quote from a movie I can't remember the name of at the moment goes, "We are all in it up to our necks. None of us are clean."
I'm clean as a whistle. I'm not assuming any responsibility for their BS.

It's another example of "We're all in this together," ONLY when being separate is disadvantageous for them.

Any other time, it's Them vs Us.

THEY can't do it alone. American society helped shape the police. American society needs to help reshape them. A paraphrased quote from a movie
I think you’re description is over broad- ‘society’ didn’t shape the police so much as landed gentry and slave owners did
One ‘fix’ would be for the police to be reflective of an actual democratic society and have civilian review as an integral part of policing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom