Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (1 Viewer)

I like Raskin and think he would be a viable presidential candidate
One thing about him, if you're gonna debate constitutional law, you had better know details of the constitution, understand the constitution and be able to articulate you're understanding of the constitution. Otherwise, he'll make you look silly.

It doesn't matter how good your intentions are. Once you are in office, if you go against the grain, you get nothing done. All politicians are either corrupt, inept, or bogged down by the corrupt and inept.
And as we found out in the UK at the last election, if someone offers anything radical that in even the slightest way threatens the establishment, then they are going to be demonised and driven out of politics by a campaign of hate and black propaganda - not only from their own opponents, but also from the media and their own party colleagues.

I had no issue with anyone disliking Jeremy Corbyn's policies or personality, that's fair game...but when people were convinced by a bent right wing media that serves the vested interest of a handful of billionaire tax exiles then that's sad. If you can convince people that a man is a racist even though he was arrested at anti-apartheid rallies then democracy is dead. The same media did not hold to account a Prime minister who tought it was amusing to call gay people 'bum boys' and referred to muslim women as looking like 'pillarboxes'.

As a friend of mine who grew up in Eastern Europe during the cold war told me. Our press was actually better at reporting than that of the west because at least we all knew we were being lied to so we could figure out the truth by what was omitted, In the west you still believed the press so you had no idea what was actually going on in the world.

It doesn't matter how good your intentions are. Once you are in office, if you go against the grain, you get nothing done. All politicians are either corrupt, inept, or bogged down by the corrupt and inept.

Right, but despite that someone needs to be the President….

It's very rare that a active/retired police officer will come out and straight blast the actions (or inactions in this case) of other officers. This man did it and he is 100% correct. I've said it before, I trained officers on active shooter response and their actions in Uvalde were the exact opposite of what we trained.

Bo Jackson helped to pay for funerals. Very nice of him. Too bad he isn't helping pay for these kids college educations instead.
ETA: Totally misread Big L's post, but leaving what I said for anyone who wants to see it anyway.
-------‐---------------
Something I have always told my kids. When someone offers help, accept it without ever worrying over the form it comes in. He cared enough to do something within his means and that's what matters most. That's more than most people will do and a good example for others. Maybe he'll inspire someone else to step in and help the kids if someone isn't already.

It looks like there are several different funds set up for the families, that at the time of the article, had already raised over $13 million. I imagine some of that will probably go to a college fund, but I'm sure any assistance is welcome.

Last edited:
When someone offers help, accept it without ever worrying over the form it comes in.
I think you may have slightly missed the point. When @Big_L said:
Too bad he isn't helping pay for these kids college educations instead.
he was referring to the kids who perished. It was an "instead of" comment.

Terrible
===================
DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama woman provided a gun to juveniles and then drove them to and from the scene of a shooting, police said Thursday. She was arrested on multiple charges.

Several youths were involved in a confrontation on July 15 before leaving the scene and returning in a vehicle driven by Shakita Leann Crittenton, 35, according to a statement from the Dothan Police Department.

Upon arrival, the youths got a handgun out of the trunk of the car and began shooting, said Lt. Ronald Hall. No one was injured, he said, and it's unclear what prompted the dispute.

Police searched Crittenton's home following the shooting and found illegal drugs and malnourished puppies that were being held in cages in closets, police said. Aside from being charged with attempted assault and discharging a weapon into a vehicle in the shooting, Crittenton also was charged with chemical endangerment and animal cruelty, the statement said............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom