Sno Balls......Favorite??? Favorite Flavor?? (3 Viewers)

I know the recipe that all of those snowball stands use for that delicious chocolate snoball

:)

I agree with Hanson's, but I remember for a while there they were sporadically open...would drive me crazy. Sal's is actually good, too, though I hate admitting that since I am an uptown guy (and cant figure out how I have actually been there about 20 times). Nectar cream, ice creamcream, and wedding cake/almond cream. Not really getting the condensed milk. though.

Spearmint is The Best

Today we went to a "sno-cone" stand here in our town. Spearmint is not listed on the board, so I was gonna get Black Cherry. I asked about spearmint and they said that they had. Great, that's what I want. I get it, and it's basically Lime with another mystery flavor mixed in. Texans. :shrug:

I used to get flavors like spearmint, cherry, strawberry when I was a kid but once I tried the chocolate with condensed milk there was no going back, I haven't gotten any other flavor in a good 10 or 12 years, and even then it was Ice Cream flavor. Every time I go get a snoball I always tell myself I'm going to get something different but when it comes down to it I can't break the chocolate hold...

Granny Smith Apple mixed with Grape is my favorite, but I pretty much switch up everytime. I'm not big on flavors like chocolate and wedding cake - I like fruit flavors. (Go ahead, and start the ribbing). :covri:

Hansen's owns your face. Acceptable subs in a pinch are Pandora's on Carrollton

NO.

Pandora's has fallen off the face of the earth! I don't know what happened but, the last couple times I went there, the snowballs were absolutely HORRIBLE! It used to be my favorite spot in New Orleans, sad to say, I won't be going back unless I hear a wave of good reviews.

NO.

Pandora's has fallen off the face of the earth! I don't know what happened but, the last couple times I went there, the snowballs were absolutely HORRIBLE! It used to be my favorite spot in New Orleans, sad to say, I won't be going back unless I hear a wave of good reviews.
When was the last time you went? I was there in early April, had a black cherry/root beer, and was thoroughly impressed. And I HATE root beer snowballs - I tried that combination on a friend's suggestion.

Just got a strawberry daquiri flavored snowball from a NO style shaved ice stand setup in the parking lot of the Caterie (Perkins/Acadian). :9:

Said they're open 7 days a week from 1-7 in the parking lot, just a heads up.

The Caterie, one of my favorite BR bars....Was a great place to play music back in the 80's...

I always avoided the places that advertised "NO style" anything, wich is code for not the real thing.

I'm partial to Hansen's. I lived 2 blocks from there one summer. That snow is special.

The Caterie, one of my favorite BR bars....Was a great place to play music back in the 80's...

I always avoided the places that advertised "NO style" anything, wich is code for not the real thing.

I do too, but it was excessively hot and it was too good to pass up. I was pleasently surprised.

The Caterie...Best. Cheese. Sticks. Evah.

Oh yeah, back to the OP:

Attachments

• SnoBall1.jpg
    SnoBall1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom