Breaking! Spencer Rattler named starting QB ; Jay Glazer reports Rattler expected to start next 3-4 games (month) until Carr’s return (4 Viewers)

Taysom Hill was the third string QB in 2020 when Brees got hurt against the 49ers. Winston came in to replace Brees, then Winston backed up Hill who was named the starter for the four games Brees missed.

A huge amount of this comes down to preparation and style. Haener is very similar to Carr in style so an offense built to Carr's strengths can best transition to Haener in an mid-game emergency.

Rattler is capable of being much more mobile than Carr and Haener and things like designed QB runs suddenly enter the playbook.
Taysom wasn't the backup because he offered too much in the gameplan. That's completely different.

LETS GO

purple-cobra.gif

I think it's the best route to go of the two QBs but why announce it on Wednesday? Why not make the opposition go as long as possible without knowing who they'll face? I don't get how he can mess up the little bit of gamesmanship advantage we might have had in the situation.
Already asked and answered, but there's not really any relevant film of either guy in this offense to put together a defensive game plan tailored to stop either of them. The upside is getting the fan base fired up, and instilling confidence in Rattler going through the practice week.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for this crowd to turn on him.
Something I've seen over the past few seasons is that once someone supports a QB, they won't turn on them no matter what. The converse is true as well, once someone decides they don't like a QB, they won't like him no matter what.

There's a thread going around here that said they're was no way Allen would start Rattler. Oops.
LOL. In one of those threads, someone, who was sure that Allen would start Haener, said that whoever Allen chooses to start at QB will be the wrong choice to start at QB. I suspect that person is singing a different tune now.

Something I've seen over the past few seasons is that once someone supports a QB, they won't turn on them no matter what. The converse is true as well, once someone decides they don't like a QB, they won't like him no matter what.
It depends. I started as the biggest Jameis Winston hater. I didn't want him on this team, on the field, nothing. I came to really appreciate him as a person and loved that he was a great teammate. I never got around to wanting him on the field, but nobody is perfect.

I agree that Rattler offers more and should be starting in Carr's absence. I have one major complaint. If he is not the best QB to start why wasn't he the best QB to be the primary backup? He didn't jump leaps in bounds in 2 days of practice but now he's a better option than Haener? He wasn't a better option this past Sunday or the games before that? I question a lot of things this coaching staff does, Allen especially, and this is just one more thing to add to that list.
Like some have stated in previous posts Haener is more like Carr he can run the Carr plays better than Rattler can. Just like when Drew got hurt a few years back Winston came in or would come in if Drew got hurt on game day but Hill was going to be the starter if and when Drew missed the game. The Titans did the same thing last year. Willis was the backup and Levis was QB3. They went to Levis the next week after Tannehill got injured.

Tom Brady got his first start after Drew Bledsoe was injured and never relinquished it. Imma go with that thought process for this right now.
That's the dream. I was hoping we get to see Haener and build up his trade stock before Rattler eventually took over.. but here we go. Steal the job please. Base case scenario. Ill leave the worst case unspoken.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom