Breaking! Spencer Rattler named starting QB ; Jay Glazer reports Rattler expected to start next 3-4 games (month) until Carr’s return (2 Viewers)

Compare Rattler’s preseason reps and scoring output to Ian Books’ and tell me if you truly think this is a valid comparison.
I’m referring to the state of the O-line and how much he’ll be under duress

Over 2100 likes on Facebook in 20 minutes.

Announcing this early also has to do with getting energy back into a waning fanbase.

That's a really good point that I didn't think about. It also gives the team a boost to rally around a rookie QB they like for the rest of the week and get some energy in practice. And, hopefully it helps the Dome fill up with fans who will make some noise.

You really think a QB getting all first team reps would be kept secret for a week, by all players, coaches, equipment staff, PR staff, the grounds crew, etc.? No chance.

It wouldn't, but I doubt the Bucs would game plane based on rumor. Where as if you announce it, they would.

That being said it's not a huge deal. They likely already have their game plan in. They could tweak it, but there isn't any film on Rattler in this offense anyway so it would be hard to really plan against him.

And as Bresusaves said above this will get the crowd into the game and keep the locker room energy good this week. They really needed a boost after three straight loses.

It’s going to be a tough set of circumstances for Rattler - fans would do well to remember that, and just be patient and supportive. But Rattler has loads more talent and physical ability than Ian Book, which should at least give him a fighting chance.

And as bad as our OL is now, it was worse in that game Book started against Miami and it wasn't just the OL out. Also I think Kubiak will do a better job of protecting Rattler because this offense is designed to do that where as Payton's offense was made for Drew Brees and was never really adjusted enough for the less talented QBs.

trying to hold back the excitement and tell myself he is a rookie and many mistakes can be made
The odds say he will make some plays and make some mistakes. As long as they aren't something he won't learn from, it's all good. I'm excited to see him play but I'm going to be super patient with my expectations. It'll make his debut Sunday far more enjoyable to watch.

I’m all for this but shocked. Didn’t think DA had the brass to start a high upside rookie over the guy that’s been in the building longer. It’s right decision though. Rattler has way higher upside. If we have our o line healthy outside the center we have a shot and he has a chance to play relatively well.

This week the Saints defense needs to step up big time and play like they are capable of and NOT like the KC debacle. Rattler will need all the help he can get. If the defense can keep the Bucs to FG's and maybe get an interception or fumble recovery or two Rattler would have additional opportunities to get points on the board. Tough task, but this defense is capable if they play lights out against this Division rival.

There going to blitz every down
Need Kamara and Hill vs the Bucs. Bowles will definitely want to blitz a ton.

But having 3 running threats, two of whom are passing threats (Hill and Rattler) and two of whom are receiving threats (Kamara and Hill), if used in a smart game plan, can burn the blitz. Also need Olive and Shaheed (and possibly Adams) to be healthy.

But having 3 running threats, two of whom are passing threats (Hill and Rattler) and two of whom are receiving threats (Kamara and Hill), if used in a smart game plan, can burn the blitz. Also need Olive and Shaheed (and possibly Adams) to be healthy.
I'd be happy if we could even get Ruiz back this week. I don't think we have any chance of seeing Hill on Sunday, but you never know!

Hill didn't practice today and I wouldn't count on him playing. Also, Underhill keeps talking about how banged up AK is on nearly every podcast. The guys that are healthy are going to have to play their tails off to have a shot on Sunday.
I'd be happy if we could even get Ruiz back this week. I don't think we have any chance of seeing Hill on Sunday, but you never know!
Ruiz also did not practice today. I wouldn't expect him to play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom