Spoiler Spoiler Thread: Avengers Infinity War (2 Viewers)

I think the gauntlet is the only way any being would be able to wield the power of all the stones, it takes a being of great power to wield only one bare handed. I doubt a human or any "normal" powered being would be able to use the stones even with it. When Thanos used the power of all the stones, it damaged the gauntlet seriously injured him.

The snap took a lot out of the gauntlet but he used all the stones right before it when he shot that energy beam that Stormbreaker cut through.

The snap took a lot out of the gauntlet but he used all the stones right before it when he shot that energy beam that Stormbreaker cut through.

I'm not sure if he used all the stones against Thor or not. Maybe he knew that would be a one shot thing.

1534367191676.png
Looks like a beam is coming from each stone, but it was so bright, it looks white.

This is from the split second before it's a big giant beam.

I've thought that as well about the Gauntlet that since they are on the outside that merely putting it on would be easier. But about Thor, when Thanos just touched the power stone on his face it was going to eviscerate him.

If Ronan can hold a Stone without harm, I guarantee Thor can.

If Ronan can hold a Stone without harm, I guarantee Thor can.

Technically he already did. Thanos touched his head with the stone and it didn't instantly destroy him. The stone touching a planet's surface destroys it pretty quick. A healthy Thor focused and trying to control it almost certainly could wield the thing.

I've only recently come around on that seeing as how Thanos was using the stone when he put it against his face. But Ronin was getting messed up until he put the stone on his weapon.

It's not like Thor is unarmed.... He's got a pretty cool axe.

Yeah. This is a part of the movie that separates from the comics.

First, is the fact that Thanos had the gauntlet made in order to control the stones together. I think this ultimately means anyone who wears the gauntlet can have the power. I think the is why someone else will unexpectedly wear it at movie's end in Avengers 4 (my bet is still on Vision being in the Mind Stone).

But in the comics, the gauntlet was nothing special. It was the same glove that Thanos normally wore. I would think they suped up the stones' individual peers for the sake of the movies, but in the end, like in the comics, make it so anyone who wears it can gain and control the power.

I just finished rewatching it, and given the events at the end of Ant Man and Wasp, I'm curious about Dr Strange revealing the time stone. He held his fingers out and the stone began to appear. It was really small at first and grew to full size. Could he have hidden it in the Quantum Realm? Could it have been while Ant Man was there? When he went forward into the alternative futures, did that include interdimensional travel as well? An aspect of the Quantum Realm is the lack of time, so could there be some connection between the stone and the Quantum Realm?

I just finished rewatching it, and given the events at the end of Ant Man and Wasp, I'm curious about Dr Strange revealing the time stone. He held his fingers out and the stone began to appear. It was really small at first and grew to full size. Could he have hidden it in the Quantum Realm? Could it have been while Ant Man was there? When he went forward into the alternative futures, did that include interdimensional travel as well? An aspect of the Quantum Realm is the lack of time, so could there be some connection between the stone and the Quantum Realm?

To me it looked like it was a star in the background and then it appeared.

To me it looked like it was a star in the background and then it appeared.

Yeah, I could see that as well. I was just looking for possible connections elsewhere. Ant Man being in the Quantum Realm when this happens has to be tied in somehow, especially since time is different there.

Yeah, I could see that as well. I was just looking for possible connections elsewhere. Ant Man being in the Quantum Realm when this happens has to be tied in somehow, especially since time is different there.

The Russos keep saying no though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom