Spoiler Spoiler Thread: Avengers Infinity War (3 Viewers)

The Russos keep saying no though.

Yeah, I'd imagine, from the director's experience, they don't really want a major plot device to be dependent on a different movie. I know this is a "culmination of things", so some of that is out the window, but even Infinity War gave brief commentary on how everyone got there. Gamora talks about her relationship with Thanos, and Thanos and Gamora have various scenes outlining it (so, you didn't need to see GotG). Quill mentions he had to kill his dad, who killed his mom. Thor talks about his issues in the past. Strange mentions he guards the time stone.

There are various examples, where a quick one liner gives you the min background you need, but if you watched the movies, you understand a lot more.

I think the Quantum realm alone will allow Antman to travel back in time or something, if he ends up in Captain Marvel.

I haven't really kept up with what the directors have said, so I wasn't aware of that.

The thing is, Ant Man back in the Quantum Realm was actually a post credit scene, so it was a postscript to the movie script. The original plot of the movie didn't hinge on that scene, basically.

The real question is was Scott NOT turned to ashes because of the luck of the draw or because he was in the Quantum Realm. Then not just being in the Quantum Realm, but Janet Van Dyne specifically mentions avoiding the "time vortex" which is an obvious bit of foreshadowing if you ask me. Also, is there anyone unluckier than Janet Van Dyne? Trapped in the Quantum Realm for decades only to be dusted a few days after being recused? I hope that sheet isn't catching.

Last edited:
The real question is was Scott NOT turned to ashes because of the luck of the draw or because he was in the Quantum Realm. Then not just being in the Quantum Realm, but Janet Van Dyne specifically mentions avoiding the "time vortex" which is an obvious bit of foreshadowing if you ask me. Also, is there anyone unluckier than Janet Van Dyne? Trapped in the Quantum Realm for decades only to be dusted a few days after being recused? I hope that shirt isn't catching.

I believe the Russo's or someone stated that it was luck of the draw, not due to being in the QR.

If he used the time stone to reverse the damage from the axe then it would have reversed the damaged to the gauntlet and himself as well.
Maybe he’s able to focus it more locally? (Just spitballing)

Just re-watched (such a great movie) - after Wanda blew up the Mind Stone, Thanos only rolled back what happened to Vision. Wanda was just feet away and didn't rewind, so he can definitely localize it.

Just re-watched (such a great movie) - after Wanda blew up the Mind Stone, Thanos only rolled back what happened to Vision. Wanda was just feet away and didn't rewind, so he can definitely localize it.

I just re-watched the scene where he teleports after doing the snap, it looks like all of the stones are lit up when he leaves. Plus all the colors from the stones form around the axe as he uses the gauntlet. When he puts the final stone into the gauntlet you can see the colors surge into him, it's the same looking thing around that axe, all the colors. Plus even the stones looked damaged.

I just re-watched the scene where he teleports after doing the snap, it looks like all of the stones are lit up when he leaves. Plus all the colors from the stones form around the axe as he uses the gauntlet. When he puts the final stone into the gauntlet you can see the colors surge into him, it's the same looking thing around that axe, all the colors. Plus even the stones looked damaged.

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate this is a superhero movie we've collectively analyzed for 32 pages? How great is that?

Thanos was the most bad arse of all of the characters, to me.

Granted I have only seen this and I think one other super hero movie...and this one was amazing...but I loved Thanos and actually kind of understood what he was trying to do.

I was listening to the director's commentary..

A few things.

other than at the end, Thanos only uses the soul stone once. Against Dr. Strange.

They definitely said this was Thanos' story arc.. if Thor had won, it would have been his hero's journey.

Russo's confirmed, after the snap, he's in the soul stone (or a soul world).

They flirted with the idea of having Captain America show up right when he saves Vision at the very end... because his main arc will be the next movie. So, Captain takes a bigger role in the next one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom