Stevie Ray Vaughan is the G.O.A.T. Change my mind (1 Viewer)

Like the rule that every political thread devolves until something is inevitably compared to Hitler, music threads always devolve into mentioning The Beatles.

How about Getty Lee and Les Claypool on the same stage?

Claypool and Sean Lennon had a band called Delirium. Getty played with them for a short minute. In the link below they do Tomorrow Never Knows. At one point, about the 9:20 mark, Claypool is doing a solo and Getty fades into the background. Then Claypool just stops and the bass line continues in perfect synch as Getty steps into the spotlight continuing to play Claypool's solo. Cool stuff and great bass work by 2 of the best.

So, when you talk bass I think you have to put Lee and Entwistle into the conversation along with folks like Claypool (my opinion, he's the best) and Levin. But Flea? Fun, good, but not a great, imo.

And if anyone has an interest in the history of the bass instrument, check out Getty Lee's book "Big Beautiful Book of Bass".

And one more before the link:
Lets put Carol Kaye into the conversation. Known primarily for her work in The Wrecking Crew, she was the ultimate professional. You may not know who she is, but you've heard her thousands of times on hit records from the '60s & '70s. A lot of famous bass lines from those records were her invention.

It's Geddy, dammit.

Like the rule that every political thread devolves until something is inevitably compared to Hitler, music threads always devolve into mentioning The Beatles.

You may have just spoken wisdom that has never been uttered by man.

But EVH is still the G.OA.T.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom