Stevie Ray Vaughan is the G.O.A.T. Change my mind (2 Viewers)

Come on man he was too depressed to slay!

Are you picking on poor Kurt.

It is not cool to pick on sick people.

If he got help and cured his depression you would have seen him slay I swear.
Oh I love Kurt Cobain. I just think we ought to love him for the right reasons. ;)

Not really. What Nirvana did was kill 80s hair metal., bands like Poison, Motley Crue, etc. Not the harder core "pure" metal like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Pantera, etc.

Metal has always been somewhat of a niche. I remember a brief period in the early 90s, where Metallica was popular enough to get into the mianstream consciousness and one of their songs on the radio, but beyond that it was never really popular.

Interesting perspective.

I bought that CD shortly after it came out, it is absolutely brilliant, with the Dregs ex fiddle player Mark O'Conner playing on some of it....

Love Pat Methany, he is one of my favorite players and a mindboggling brilliant composer....he went to Miami to study music and one of his classmates was Steve Morse, he said in an interview after seeing Morse play he felt like he was going to have a heart attack....Jaco Pastorius was also in that music school...can you imagine? My god....

No offense but this is patently false. I won't deny EVH is a great player but most influential? Not by a long shot...Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Gilmore, Alex Lifeson....all way more influential....Here is the thing all of those guys above, the bands they were in, their music has overcome the test of time....I really don't think Van Halen's music has as big an impact as any of those other bands....may not be your favorites but they were the more influential than EVH....

You do know that EVH wasn't the first to do the tapping technique, right? He did make it mainstream for sure. Most interviews I've seen he goes back and forth on major influences, with Clapton and the guy that developed the technique...Allan Holdsworth, who technically was superior and was more dynamic than EVH...so are Steve Morse, Paco de Lucia and a whole lot of bluegrass players...I'm not saying they are better, that is subjective, but they were capable of more on the guitar...

I respect your opinion but apparently you were in a coma during the eighties.

If you had just shown me that picture I would not have guessed in a hundred tries that that was Eddie Van Halen.

Sort of reminds me of James Hetfield then and now. He's aged quite well considering the constant touring and crazy sheet that went on in their world back in the day. But, without that mane and mean looking goatee, he looks so different now.

Sort of reminds me of James Hetfield then and now. He's aged quite well considering the constant touring and crazy shirt that went on in their world back in the day. But, without that mane and mean looking goatee, he looks so different now.

Eddie looked so bad for a while it was scary.

Teeth were missing, he couldn't talk.

He was Keith Richards bad.

How the two of them are alive baffles me.

You call me out for being cruel.

This is why I need you.
Aww. Wasn't trying to call you out or anything. I just remember literally saying one time to somebody while in the MIDST of the whole New Wave electronic genre that dominated and defined that decade that '80s music was disposable. Sure, we still remember and sing it but it became more about style of dress than substance of musicianship.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom