That first round pick we gave the Eagles (1 Viewer)

I really like Olave and he seems to be on the verge of becoming a good player BUT is he worth TWO number ones with one possibly being the first overall pick?
He wasn't used with two 1st round pick... We moved up our 2023 1st pick to 2022 and swap picks around. We gave a 2nd and 2 3rds for him.

Not a Davenport situation

Mickey Loomis should’ve been the one to go, not Payton.

I’m starting to think that Payton lost more control of personnel decisions the last few years because he couldn’t fix the defense prior to 2017. It worked for a few years, but now he looked at the situation and said “I’m out”

Payton was burnt out. He needed a change and I’m sure his new wife wanted to see him every now and then. I saw him a few months ago, and it looked like he had gained 50 lbs in the last year or so. He didn’t look healthy. But he will be a coach again in the next few years.

He wasn't used with two 1st round pick... We moved up our 2023 1st pick to 2022 and swap picks around. We gave a 2nd and 2 3rds for him.

Not a Davenport situation
They used a first round pick to select him and used their first round pick in the next draft to move up to get him. 1 + 1 = 2.

I do understand what you mean but that trade is just pissing me off more and more….

We also gave them a 2024 - 2nd.
including this made the trade silly. had they asked for more, we prob would have given it. Loomis got wheeled and dealed.

seeing how well Jahan Dotson is playing makes my hindsight think we should have stayed pat at #16 and drafted him instead.

its looking like we will have a high 2, 3, 4, two 5s, and a 7 next year, barring a massive turnaround.

They used a first round pick to select him and used their first round pick in the next draft to move up to get him. 1 + 1 = 2.

I do understand what you mean but that trade is just pissing me off more and more….

Where did that 1st round pick come from.... Did you forget we drafted Trevor Penning....

The trade was fine…. The picks were wrong.

Olave was the right pick…

Penning was the wrong one…

We should have taken Kenny Pickett there.

We’d at least have future at the QB position.

Now we don’t have anything there for the foreseeable future.

And yeah, I know everyone thinks we are gonna get all kinds of picks for CSP at some point…. I’ll believe it when I see it.

At end of day if Penning Pans out and Olave keeps doing what he does then the Saints picked well in that draft

Without that move I doubt N.O gets those two.

This team will still be too good to get that pick needed to secure that Franchise Qb.
+1.

Olave has been more productive this season than Justin Jefferson, despite a rougher QB situation than Jefferson, and more realistic competing targets (Kamara, Thomas, Landry). If Penning pans out, it's really hard to say the trade was a waste, since the Saints wouldn't have those two good young productive players at rookie contracts, possibly for 5 years each.

Some thought Jefferson was already the best WR in the NFL going into this season.

And yeah, I know everyone thinks we are gonna get all kinds of picks for CSP at some point…. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Here’s the rub about trading Payton- he still a ton of leverage - he has to want to go to the team willing to give up the bank for him. I think he wants to coach the Cowboys but isn’t going to sign with them only to be hamstrung by their giving multiple draft picks to get him. He isn’t going to want to be traded to just any team. Then if he is willing to wait another season then he’ll be free to sign anywhere with zero compensation to the Saints.

I do think he coaches again but it remains to be seen if the Saints get any compensation for him.……

The trade was fine…. The picks were wrong.

Olave was the right pick…

Penning was the wrong one…

We should have taken Kenny Pickett there.

We’d at least have future at the QB position.

Now we don’t have anything there for the foreseeable future.

I hoe they let him play today. Mitch been stinking it up.

Eagles look like the Super Bowl favorites so this a big old yikes.

+1.

Olave has been more productive this season than Justin Jefferson, despite a rougher QB situation than Jefferson, and more realistic competing targets (Kamara, Thomas, Landry). If Penning pans out, it's really hard to say the trade was a waste, since the Saints wouldn't have those two good young productive players at rookie contracts, possibly for 5 years each.

Some thought Jefferson was already the best WR in the NFL going into this season.
That was a great post. Those two things are really hard to find. It makes me glad we didn't have repeat of 20 where Saints missed on Jordan and selected Ruiz instead.

Is hurting more each week. What was the front office thinking?
This is why I hate when we’re losing. All last season, most of the board was killing the front office for not getting top WR help to complement MT.

Before the draft, folks were praying DA would pick one of the top WR in the class. When we took Olave, Saints Twitter and many on this board applauded DA and the front office for pulling a Rams type of move—forgoing future draft picks to land the piece you want today. People also praised the front office for snatching up Tyrann and Juice. They lauded Dennis for being willing to being in home grown talent, while dragging Sean b/c they believe he had gotten too complacent and cute. That Payton just wanted to win w/bargain basement talent and his own genius play calling. But DA was different and willing to lay it all out on the line.

Now fast forward to today and suddenly the Front Office is a liability. They were nuts to sign an old Honey Badger and spot player like Jarvis. And they were equally insane to give up our #1 for a…checks notes…possible Rookie Of The Year WR. The recency bias in this fandom never fails to amaze me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom