That first round pick we gave the Eagles (1 Viewer)

including this made the trade silly. had they asked for more, we prob would have given it. Loomis got wheeled and dealed.

seeing how well Jahan Dotson is playing makes my hindsight think we should have stayed pat at #16 and drafted him instead.

its looking like we will have a high 2, 3, 4, two 5s, and a 7 next year, barring a massive turnaround.

Giving up the 2024 2nd didn’t make sense. That’s where we lost the trade, imo.

I like Dotson a lot. We would have kept a 3rd and 4th if we don’t move up to 11 for Olave.

If we didn’t go WR in the first, then we could have drafted Doubs in the 4th.

We got 2 first round picks in 2022. WTH cares what the 2023 pick is? We got that player in 2022.

That sounds good until you give up a top 3 pick in a great QB draft and need a QB.

+1.

Olave has been more productive this season than Justin Jefferson, despite a rougher QB situation than Jefferson, and more realistic competing targets (Kamara, Thomas, Landry). If Penning pans out, it's really hard to say the trade was a waste, since the Saints wouldn't have those two good young productive players at rookie contracts, possibly for 5 years each.

Some thought Jefferson was already the best WR in the NFL going into this season.

This post probably would've been better after one of Jefferson's bad games this season, not the one where he proved why he is the best or near the best WR in the league.

Yes, Olave is good and should only get better. The biggest difference is Olave is trying to get the where JJ is now and JJ is still getting better.

Giving up the 2024 2nd didn’t make sense. That’s where we lost the trade, imo.

I like Dotson a lot. We would have kept a 3rd and 4th if we don’t move up to 11 for Olave.

If we didn’t go WR in the first, then we could have drafted Doubs in the 4th.

That sounds good until you give up a top 3 pick in a great QB draft and need a QB.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. They were putting a team together for this season and hoped JW was at least somewhat of an answer. Now that we know he's not, it does suck that we don't have a 1st, but you can pick up a first through trades or get a guy in the 2nd+.

This post probably would've been better after one of Jefferson's bad games this season, not the one where he proved why he is the best or near the best WR in the league.

Yes, Olave is good and should only get better. The biggest difference is Olave is trying to get the where JJ is now and JJ is still getting better.
Jefferson is a fine WR and certainly among the NFL's best. However, I'm not sure Jefferson proved anything today other than you can't cover him 1 on 1 without safety help. That is true of most of the 10 to 20 best WRs in the NFL.

I'm not sure Allen gets that.

We were thinking we’d solve our WR problems. And we did.

They were sorely underestimating our QB room.
They estimated wrong on a number of things. Keeping Sean’s system in place without him has been a failure. Handing the job to DA was a mistake. Giving the first round pick away next year will only be icing on the cake. Eagles going to inherit a top 5 pick. Loomis should be fired but they won’t.

Last edited:
This is why I hate when we’re losing. All last season, most of the board was killing the front office for not getting top WR help to complement MT.

Before the draft, folks were praying DA would pick one of the top WR in the class. When we took Olave, Saints Twitter and many on this board applauded DA and the front office for pulling a Rams type of move—forgoing future draft picks to land the piece you want today. People also praised the front office for snatching up Tyrann and Juice. They lauded Dennis for being willing to being in home grown talent, while dragging Sean b/c they believe he had gotten too complacent and cute. That Payton just wanted to win w/bargain basement talent and his own genius play calling. But DA was different and willing to lay it all out on the line.

Now fast forward to today and suddenly the Front Office is a liability. They were nuts to sign an old Honey Badger and spot player like Jarvis. And they were equally insane to give up our #1 for a…checks notes…possible Rookie Of The Year WR. The recency bias in this fandom never fails to amaze me.

mmm-hmmm-uhuh.gif

Last edited:
They estimated wrong on a number of things. Keeping Sean’s system in place without him has been a failure. Handing the job to DA was a mistake. Giving the first round pick away next year will only be icing on the cake. Eagles going to the Super Bowl and will still have a top 5 pick. Loomis should be fired but they won’t.
They won’t because firing Loomis would be absurd. How dare he not be perfect in all things. I’m not sold on the Eagles being this Super Bowl lock either. Sounds like spiteful narrative from Saints fans who wanna doom spiral.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom