That first round pick we gave the Eagles (1 Viewer)

Ruiz has arguably been our second best player on the OL. He’s shown clear improvement. Turner is on game 8? Finally healthy? How are they misses?

Marcus Davenport has been one of our best defenders.

And hired Dennis Allen? The guy responsible for our solid to elite defense? His head coach tenure is 4 games in. Even Belichick needed time at his second HC gig to find his pace.

You’re on some nonsense.
You must be joking with that first paragraph. Ruiz has gone from being one of the worst guards in the league to a below average, serviceable one. Better but in absolutely no way worth a 1st round pick, that’s how he’s a miss. McCoy, Ramczyk and Peat are all miles better than him also. Payton Turner is in his second year and when he’s actually played he’s done very little by way of pressures and sacks. Not to mention he was a healthy scratch against Tampa.

Marcus Davenport is good but is injured every few weeks and no sane person could possibly say he was worth 2 1sts, especially when Lamar Jackson was sat right there.

Dennis Allen being an elite DC does not make him a good HC, as we are seeing.

They were thinking we were contenders.

They were thinking that an injury plagued 2021 season that still ended up a hair away from the playoffs was a sign that we weren’t staring down a rebuild.

They were thinking that we couldn’t possibly have another injury plagued season in 2022.

They were thinking we could overtake a division with (at the time) Brady retiring from the Bucs.

They were wrong on all fronts.
This 100%

I'm not sure you get that they didn't think the pick was going to be a top pick.
Irrelevant, they don’t have a crystal ball so there was no way of telling. We had two big question marks coming into this year, a new HC and whether Winston was a franchise QB or not. They told us what they thought of Winston when they tried to trade the farm for Watson. To trade a future 1st when you don’t have a franchise QB is at best a very risky gamble and at worst utter madness.

You must be joking with that first paragraph. Ruiz has gone from being one of the worst guards in the league to a below average, serviceable one. Better but in absolutely no way worth a 1st round pick, that’s how he’s a miss. McCoy, Ramczyk and Peat are all miles better than him also. Payton Turner is in his second year and when he’s actually played he’s done very little by way of pressures and sacks. Not to mention he was a healthy scratch against Tampa.

Marcus Davenport is good but is injured every few weeks and no sane person could possibly say he was worth 2 1sts, especially when Lamar Jackson was sat right there.

Dennis Allen being an elite DC does not make him a good HC, as we are seeing.
I'm dead serious about Ruiz. He's playing well. He's doing things better and better and making fewer mistakes. On some microwave Poptart energy. Must be ready to eat in 30 seconds or throw it in the garbage.

You're literally admonishing these dudes for being hurt like that's their fault...and they're both currently healthy. So you're also downing them for what you assume will happen in the future.

In essence, you've denied any possible reality where you're wrong before it even happens. Heh. Reminds me of my 13 year old.

Jury is still out on the Allen regime but clearly the interim report card is a lot of Fs, Ds, and Cs.

I'm not sure you get that they didn't think the pick was going to be a top pick.
I’m not sure that you understand that no one knows if it’s even going to be a top 5 pick. Your question was “WTH care what the pick is?” And I was answering your question as to why people might care.

I really like Olave and he seems to be on the verge of becoming a good player BUT is he worth TWO number ones with one possibly being the first overall pick?
He absolutely will be imo. We'd be screwed much worse without him right now. And whatever, hindsight is 20/20. We really needed a go-to WR and went and got him.

The trade this offseason with Philadelphia was managerial malpractice. It was nearly universally condemned outside New Orleans. As a result, we lack a first-round pick and other draft assets to move up in a quarterback-rich 2023 draft.

Loomis has been the leading proponent of continuity--that the Saints are a playoff team and that we needed to make as few changes as possible with Payton departing. How is continuity working? One suspects that Loomis at his age is reluctant to preside over, or even begin, the rebuilding of the team that is necessary. I do believe that we are good enough we win nine games a year. But that is mediocrity, which is worse than finishing at the bottom when it comes to building a championship team.

This team is in a really bad place. I do not think Loomis has the energy or creativity or insight to begin the rebuilding project that is necessary and that will be even more challenging given his reckless trading away of future draft picks. And I do not think that team ownership will consider the changes at the top of the organization that are necessary because of a personal relationship between the owner and Loomis.

It always begins at the top. Gayle Benson essentially allows her team executives to run their teams, which normally is admirable. Here, the top person is Mickey Loomis. Slowly, people are holding him accountable. Wait until the 2023 draft and the 2023 season, and see what this board looks like.

Not sending a future 1st round pick away when you don’t have a franchise QB and have a new HC is just common sense. Myself and a few others called it out as insane at the time it was done.
There’s also this:

9F5AB03F-D646-49E5-9F9A-8D24874892E8.jpeg

Gotta find a way to back in the first round this year. Thus years qb class is really good.

This team would probably be 3-1 or 2-2 at worse if they didn't lead the league in penalties and giveaways. Mental mistakes this late in the season is a product of bad coaching though.

Literally everything had to go right for the trade to be a good one. First, Winston had to be the QB of the future. Next, the Saints would have had to be a playoffs team. Next, the Saints would have had to draft a great player.

Literally everything had to go right for the trade to be a good one. First, Winston had to be the QB of the future. Next, the Saints would have had to be a playoffs team. Next, the Saints would have had to draft a great player.
All of that is still TBD. 4 games into a 17 game season, Olave is offensive rookie of the month, Penning is injured but looks like a solid player when healthy, we don't look like a playoff team, yet with that mess of a game today, still nearly managed to win against a solid Vikings team. Winston hasn't looked the part, but he's on a 2 year contract and we could unload him after the season if he doesn't pan out. I wanted to draft a qb last draft but other than Pickett there wasn't a whole lot to look at there.

I get fans are emotional right now, but I'm not giving up on the season yet. If we haven't righted the ship by week 8, I'll be a lot more concerned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom