The Avengers: Age of Ultron ****Now with Spoilers in living Technicolor*** (1 Viewer)

Paul Bettany, the guy that voices JARVIS, will be playing the Vision. His costume (faintly teased in the above image) is said to be the classic red, green, and yellow version. Hopeful (but not expecting) that they'll reveal him in full tomorrow night at Marvel's SDCC presentation. They will most definitely be showing some kind of footage from Avengers there.

I'm also hopeful that they'll announce casting for Dr. Strange (fingers crossed for Benedict Cumberbatch) and announce the upcoming slate of unannounced movies (I've got hopes for Black Panther, the Inhumans, and a female-led movie, either Black Widow or Ms. Marvel; I'd also be pretty pumped if they split the Avengers 3 Infinity Gauntlet story into two).

Yes. All of this please and thank you.

Paul Bettany, the guy that voices JARVIS, will be playing the Vision. His costume (faintly teased in the above image) is said to be the classic red, green, and yellow version. Hopeful (but not expecting) that they'll reveal him in full tomorrow night at Marvel's SDCC presentation. They will most definitely be showing some kind of footage from Avengers there.

I'm also hopeful that they'll announce casting for Dr. Strange (fingers crossed for Benedict Cumberbatch) and announce the upcoming slate of unannounced movies (I've got hopes for Black Panther, the Inhumans, and a female-led movie, either Black Widow or Ms. Marvel; I'd also be pretty pumped if they split the Avengers 3 Infinity Gauntlet story into two).

Cumberbatch supposedly gave a pretty firm denial in some video interview a couple of days ago. He was at Comic-Con for some animated Dreamworks movie he's doing a voice for. People were citing him being there without a Sherlock panel as evidence that he'd be announced, but obviously he had a legitimate obligation. Still not impossible (people lie about these things all the time), but now the rumor mill is saying it's going to be Joaquin Phoenix, who was spotted picking up Doctor Strange issues at a comic shop in Connecticut for "research" last week. That choice does not thrill me, but we'll see.

Cumberbatch supposedly gave a pretty firm denial in some video interview a couple of days ago. He was at Comic-Con for some animated Dreamworks movie he's doing a voice for. People were citing him being there without a Sherlock panel as evidence that he'd be announced, but obviously he had a legitimate obligation. Still not impossible (people lie about these things all the time), but now the rumor mill is saying it's going to be Joaquin Phoenix, who was spotted picking up Doctor Strange issues at a comic shop in Connecticut for "research" last week. That choice does not thrill me, but we'll see.

Yeah, I'm not feeling Phoenix as Dr. Strange either. I know we've been proven wrong in the past though, but there's nothing about Joaquin Phoenix that screams Stephen Strange.

Yeah, I heard the Cumberbatch denial, but there's still a chance he was playing coy. I'm definitely not on board with Phoenix. He's not Strange, just strange. I'd gladly welcome previously-rumored guys like Tom Hardy and Jared Leto before Phoenix. Is he talented? Absolutely. But he's got a reputation for being flaky and I don't see him sticking with the character for a decade ala Downey, Jr., Hemsworth, etc. Either way, we should know in, oh, 27 hours or so.

I have the same reaction to Joaquin Phoenix being rumored as Dr. Strange as I would if you had said Johnny Galecki.

I don't know why Hugh Laurie keeps popping in my head as a good choice for Strange. He just seems to be able to do it.

Here's the complete 8 piece poster for Age of Ultron in case anyone's interested. It might make a good wallpaper.

Attachments

• avengers.jpg
    avengers.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 22
Vision really seems to be half-***ing it over there, levitating alone and far away from the fighting.

Well, the Marvel panel was a bit of a bust as far as new news is concerned. Evangeline Lily has officially joined Ant Man as "Hope Van Dyne," although when talking about it, she said "Hope Pym." That points to her being the daughter of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, so I'm guessing there are some daddy issues that maybe cause her to go by her mother's maiden name. Other news from this portion is that Corey Stoll is in the movie as Darren Cross aka Yellowjacket (confirmed by Feige). He's Hank Pym's former protege and current business partner. He takes over the company and is heading in a "dark" direction, so Pym takes on Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) as his new mentee to be the "new Ant Man." It's a heist film, and they showed a clip that involved Pym training Lang, including the line from Pym to Lang when Lang was afraid, "Geez, you'd think somebody only shrunk your balls." Sounded pretty good.

They moved on to Avengers and brought out the entire cast. Scarlett Johansson wasn't there due to pregnancy/baby stuff, and Joss Whedon wasn't there because he just had knee surgery and couldn't travel. They asked some questions to each cast member, but nothing really came out of it other than them having a great time. They asked Elisabeth Olsen about Scarlet Witch, and she slipped and almost called the character a "mutant" before switching to "mutated people." She did allude to her powers being actual magic, so that could tie into Dr. Strange. They then showed some apparently awesome footage from Age of Ultron. Highlights were a party in Avengers Tower with everyone trying to pick up Thor's hammer. Cap was the only guy able to move it. The party was crashed by "an old suit moving like a zombie." It was Ultron, saying the only path to peace was their extinction. There was then a bunch of quick clips, including Black Widow in a new costume, Hulkbuster vs. Hulk, Ultron delivering a killer Pinocchio line to Stark ("Look...no strings on me"), and Stark in a decimated area with the defeated Avengers lying at his feet. Downey, Jr. said that the great thing about Marvel is that they've always got the next thing coming, and he brought out Josh Brolin saying "we've got Thanos!" Brolin was wearing the Infinity Gauntlet. Afterwards, the cast left and Feige said that there were a couple guys from England they wanted to introduce, and a video of Chris Pratt and James Gunn came on. They announced that one of the upcoming announced dates would be Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on July 28, 2017. That was it for the panel.

Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man(alluding to an eventual Wasp)...so please please please cast Joe Mangienello (sp?) as Moon Knight and West Coast Avengers!?!?!?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom