'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (8 Viewers)

Welp, my review of Season 4 so far is that I am really enjoying it. I legitimately have NO idea where they are going and who will do what; which for me as a writer/creator and avid tv/movie watcher is unusual. The traditional pure gross out scenes for some reason seems tamed down a bit. There are character arcs that seem to be moving forward. Now, it IS still graphic such as the
Human centipede giving himself rim jobs; which was utter disgusting. LOL. And the fight scene where they dispatched his bodies in various fashions. And Sister Sage's lobotomy.
But I am curious as to how this story will end.

Will A-Train complete his redemption arc? Will Hughie give his father the Compound V? Will Butcher survive long enough to get Ryan away from Homelander? Will Butcher survive period? Will Mother's Milk grow his beard back? Lol Will someone kill Homelander? Will they neutralize Victoria Neuman? And can someone please tell me why Kimiko told Frenchie that she and he will NEVER happen?

Welp, my review of Season 4 so far is that I am really enjoying it. I legitimately have NO idea where they are going and who will do what; which for me as a writer/creator and avid tv/movie watcher is unusual. The traditional pure gross out scenes for some reason seems tamed down a bit. There are character arcs that seem to be moving forward. Now, it IS still graphic such as the
Human centipede giving himself rim jobs; which was utter disgusting. LOL. And the fight scene where they dispatched his bodies in various fashions. And Sister Sage's lobotomy.

Will A-Train complete his redemption arc? Will Hughie give his father the Compound V? Will Butcher survive long enough to get Ryan away from Homelander? Will Butcher survive period? Will Mother's Milk grow his beard back? Lol Will someone kill Homelander? Will they neutralize Victoria Neuman? And can someone please tell me why Kimiko told Frenchie that she and he will NEVER happen?
I think Hughie's mom may have given his dad the V b/c we saw a blue liquid go thru his IV at the end of the episode. I dunno about Butcher since S5 of the show has been confirmed and is the final one. Kimiko saw how Frenchie felt about Colin, I think they've always had more of a brother/sister 'love' dynamic, plus she's got a metric ton of things to work through herself i.e. the Shining Light, so I think the last thing she wants is to get romantically involved w/ anyone...

I think Hughie's mom may have given his dad the V b/c we saw a blue liquid go thru his IV at the end of the episode. I dunno about Butcher since S5 of the show has been confirmed and is the final one. Kimiko saw how Frenchie felt about Colin, I think they've always had more of a brother/sister 'love' dynamic, plus she's got a metric ton of things to work through herself i.e. the Shining Light, so I think the last thing she wants is to get romantically involved w/ anyone...
I am not disagreeing with you but I always thought they were in love with each other up until THAT episode. I almost want to watch the entire series from episode one on because I think I may have missed something but also because it's great.

I am not disagreeing with you but I always thought they were in love with each other up until THAT episode. I almost want to watch the entire series from episode one on because I think I may have missed something but also because it's great.
I don't remember exactly when it happened, but if I remember correctly, it was established that Frenchie is bi in a past season...

what/who saved Butcher?!?
I think that the hallucinations of Becca in Butcher's mind triggered the worm-like V-things crawing around under Butcher's skin into transforming Butcher into something else which led him to go ham on Ezekiel and tear him to pieces... It's why I'm thinking that Butcher isn't necessarily on death's door... yet... I think he makes it to S5, but w/ this show, who knows...

I think that the hallucinations of Becca in Butcher's mind triggered the worm-like V-things crawing around under Butcher's skin into transforming Butcher into something else which led him to go ham on Ezekiel and tear him to pieces... It's why I'm thinking that Butcher isn't necessarily on death's door... yet... I think he makes it to S5, but w/ this show, who knows...
Whatever he transformed into seems to have so much strength that he will become a threat to everyone. He doesn't seem to have control over it, it could rival homelander and they may be forced to kill Butcher.

I was very unfortunately sat beside my mother when I watched that particular "rim job" episode, FFS. In the comic though Frenchie is in love with Kimiko's character but IIRC it never gets to the point where they explicity become lovers rather he's just obviously head over heels for her. She's a very different character in herself though, so who knows where they're going. I personally think the show it setting it up that she's a bit in denial about her feelings for him.

I don't remember exactly when it happened, but if I remember correctly, it was established that Frenchie is bi in a past season...
It was defintely confirmed in the show through flashbacks to his time with the French (I think) woman and the other man that was in their crew, I can't remember the names of either character but I wanna say it was season 2, whenever the Lamplighter arc was there I wanna say.

yea, it was mentioned that he was in a Throuple like in the first season.

Do you think the people being satarized realize it? Legit question.
The showrunner was clear before the season started that if you think its woke, watch something else.. Now i know why he said it..
Someone i know isn't really that group, but he is on that line.. and he knows 100% he is being made fun of..

My current theory is JDM gets more involved as the season goes on, and is basically S5’s Butcher

I almost wonder if Butcher is gonna be a venom/carnage parody and that Becca is actually the parasite talking to him.

I've come to realize I don't like anything in this show that isn't directly Homelander related, either what he's doing or what's going on in opposition to him. I get bored with whatever Frenchie is doing, Hughie and his dad, Deep, Ashley, whatever. I just want Homelander and/or whatever they're doing to stop him. The whole political story now is just boring. I'll watch the news if I want to see stupid people stumping for a frightening election. I feel like they're losing the narrative.

I've come to realize I don't like anything in this show that isn't directly Homelander related, either what he's doing or what's going on in opposition to him. I get bored with whatever Frenchie is doing, Hughie and his dad, Deep, Ashley, whatever. I just want Homelander and/or whatever they're doing to stop him. The whole political story now is just boring. I'll watch the news if I want to see stupid people stumping for a frightening election. I feel like they're losing the narrative.
I’ve been chewing on your post for a bit
I’d love to push back against it, but I think I’m in the same boat
All characters beside HL have been put back in a narrative loop
I thing Sage’s story can be an interesting one, but she’s not a character yet
Jeffery Dean Morgan and HL’s kid are both poised for interesting arcs but they’re just beginning

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom