The Coffee Thread (1 Viewer)

Mello Joy at work and CC medium at home. Mello Joy is better in my opinion but many at work do not like it. My wife does not like it which is why we use CC at home.

Ironically, I did a blind taste test at the office before we switched to Mello Joy and almost everyone that hated Mello Joy chose it as being better in the taste test.

Of course I failed the Pepsi/Coke taste test and selected the Pepsi. I can not stand Pepsi. I still can not stand it even after selecting it in the taste test. Just shows how much perception can affect taste.

I can see how the appeal of the taste and aroma of some good ol' antebellum brew would appeal to you :9:
:hihi:

and I see you like that watered-down moderate stuff, that tries too hard to please everybody and ends up accomplishing nothing.

since my last post above - Alton Brown namedropped Yirgacheffe (from in/around Ethiopia) in one of his books when I was reading it - and squeeze mentioned something about the African beans, too. It's the best coffee I've had personally - I am no coffee snob by any means. And I couldn't tell you which coffee has hints of this or that.

But the yirgacheffe is a very good coffee and I would heartily recommend it.

I get mine from a Whole Foods - so it's too pricey to drink every day. It's a treat for me a couple times a week.

My dad and I are big fans of the show the Deadliest Catch. Captain Phil on the show has his own line of coffee. So for Christmas I bought my dad some and he absolutely loves it!
http://www.captainsbrew.com/
you coffee lovers should check it out!

Two cups of anything with caffeine. I prefer the fair trade stuff because it tastes better than Folgers and that ilk. Add honey and half & half.

Another Canadian 'whodat' that was just down in LA and rediscovered my love for Community dark roast. What a good coffee for such a good price. Unfortunately I only bought 2 bricks. One was gone in two days, the other I'm saving for Super Bowl.
My usual coffee is Starbucks French roast but it is $15.99 a lb. up here. However when I'm on Toronto an Asian grocery store stocks Cafe Du Monde and it is only $6.99 a tin, so I always have a few tins in my cupboard.
Not coffee related but FYI; my wife and I took the Carnival Triumph out of Nola and had my greatest experience watching the Redskin game on their big screen. What a blast. There had to be a thousand whodats on the Lido deck. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I switch it up. Mostly CC. I like the Louisiana whole bean if I'm grinding my own. My mom mixes equal parts of medium roast and New Orleans blend and it is really good. As long as the coffee is strong enough, it's all good. To me its like beer. There are ones I like more, but few that I don't like. I always stock up on CC before I go on the road for work, but if I run out I go for Dunkin Doughnuts coffee.

Not exactly conventional coffee but my fav is a Snickerliscious from bad *** coffee , its basically an iced snicker flavour coffee :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom