The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The story.

I'm still shaking my head that this stuff goes on. We need mandatory body cams which cannot be turned off by officers in the field. Police departments and their IA offices need to be scrutinized and held accountable. How the hell was that cop not arrested and fired as soon as IA saw the video? It makes no sense to me.

I'm still shaking my head that this stuff goes on. We need mandatory body cams which cannot be turned off by officers in the field. Police departments and their IA offices need to be scrutinized and held accountable. How the hell was that cop not arrested and fired as soon as IA saw the video? It makes no sense to me.

The long and short of it is that police officers have too much power to be trusted. Body cams for all public interactions need to be mandatory and qualified immunity needs to go.

The cynic in me.... They want the fine money rolling in to supplement the budget.

The not so cynic in me.... Did IA look at the video? I may need to read that article again.

The paranoid guy in me I usually don't listen to.... it's about power and control. Why else do they harass the locals?

The cynic in me.... They want the fine money rolling in to supplement the budget.

The not so cynic in me.... Did IA look at the video? I may need to read that article again.

The paranoid guy in me I usually don't listen to.... it's about power and control. Why else do they harass the locals?

Its almost like they use the "war on drugs" as an excuse to do whatever they want.

Employees of the sheriff's and district attorney's office in a Southern California county were arrested after security footage showed them vandalizing a "Black Lives Matter" sign on a homeowner's fence, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Office.

The sheriff's office said the Thousand Oaks homeowner installed a surveillance camera after the sign was damaged and removed several times.

The man posted footage showing several people vandalizing the sign and attempting to tear it down. Detectives with the sheriff's office allegedly recognized Darrin Stone, a service technician at the Ventura pre-trial detention facility, in the footage after the man posted it to social media, CNN reported.

The sheriff's office said the footage showed Stone vandalizing the sign twice on June 13 and 19, both while he was off-duty. He has been cited for misdemeanor vandalism and placed on administrative leave...….

Employees of the sheriff's and district attorney's office in a Southern California county were arrested after security footage showed them vandalizing a "Black Lives Matter" sign on a homeowner's fence, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Office.

The sheriff's office said the Thousand Oaks homeowner installed a surveillance camera after the sign was damaged and removed several times.

The man posted footage showing several people vandalizing the sign and attempting to tear it down. Detectives with the sheriff's office allegedly recognized Darrin Stone, a service technician at the Ventura pre-trial detention facility, in the footage after the man posted it to social media, CNN reported.

The sheriff's office said the footage showed Stone vandalizing the sign twice on June 13 and 19, both while he was off-duty. He has been cited for misdemeanor vandalism and placed on administrative leave...….

Lost your job, possibly ruined your career, facing criminal charges and ruined your reputation because you couldn't walk past a sign you didn't agree with. Wonderful.

I think this is good news. No noose. The FBI demonstrated a willingness to investigate a hate crime. And the NASCAR community showed solidarity with its driver.

I’m glad that there was no threatening or malicious intent behind it.

when I saw the images initially I thought someone could have cut the pull because it was in the shape of a noose and left it on his car or something as a sign or threat or whatever.

Glad that wasn’t the case either.

He will be compared to Jussie now, but it’s not the same.

It’s it common for those pull ropes to be tied like a noose?

Even if it wasn’t intended for Wallace, it may have still been a juvenile racist joke that a group of a certain type of white guys might have thought was funny.

Maybe it’s normal and every garage has a noose handle. I don’t know anything about nascar or garages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom