The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (2 Viewers)

Samsung's presentation also reiterated previously announced plans to create batteries that can charge in nine minutes and last 20 years by 2029.

600 mile range and 9 min charge with 20 year life would convert a lot of people.

No, no - that must be a mistake.

According to some that won't be named, you can't have an electric boat because they're too heavy and batteries don't mix well with water. Because somehow, despite all of our engineering and accomplishments that include having an entire fleet of ships and submarines that operate with a water-tight nuclear freakin' reactor, we haven't figured out how to compartmentalize batteries yet.
I had an electric radio-controlled boat ohhh 40 years ago or so. it ran fine and the batteries never got wet. However, you did want to keep track of your run time, lest the battery go dead while the boat was in the middle of a pond. Ask me how I know...

Honestly, I'd be ok with it. I think of it like the blue rhino propane tanks. You'll pay a bit more, but you don't have to worry about replacement or maintenance costs. That's a provider issue not a consumer one.

Tesla tested out battery swapping a decade or so ago. It looked like an oil change business, you'd drive up into. They decided to go a different direction

(The new USPS EVs apparently now have air conditioning)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom