The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (3 Viewers)

Yes, that is also what I've read. I found an older (non-pay-walled)article
"States and the charger industry blame the delays mostly on the labyrinth of new contracting and performance requirements they have to navigate to receive federal funds. While federal officials have authorized more than $2 billion of the funds to be sent to states, fewer than half of states have even started to take bids from contractors to build the chargers — let alone begin construction."

and

"The bulk of the infrastructure law funds, $5 billion, are dedicated to building fast chargers along interstate highways under the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure program. The program requires the chargers meet a strict set of standards, such as being built at least every 50 miles over major routes, being operational at least 97 percent of the time and featuring credit card readers for easy payment."

can we at least get 2 out of 3...cuz 97% work rate, lol, u will need a tech to live on premises. lol

It seems these chargers are some of the first(?) ones to meet that criteria

The 320 kW FLO Ultra DC fast chargers feature a dual-port power configuration. The EV charging company designed them to comply with the federal government’s National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Program (NEVI) standards and the Buy America Act, including 98% uptime. They can charge most EVs to 80% in just 15 minutes.

Have one in my neighborhood. Watched it leave this morning. It’s hideous. I’d take a Rivian R1T over it any day.
I think the owner of the Cybertruck I saw traded in his Rivian R1T for the Cybertruck. Oh well, different strokes…

i lived in Columbia/Harlem are for a bit - mostly Tudor/turn of the century architecture - very pretty area
but there was one Modernist bldg (some admin building for a lot of different religions)
it was such an incredible eye sore that i kicked it everytime i passed it - like literally kicked it
not going to do that with the cybertrucks bc i can't afford the repairs
My father was an artist and structural engineer. He and his partner spent years designing modular concrete buildings for mostly industrial purposes. Dad always said the aesthetics of the buildings hurt his soul, but they were in demand and paid the bills.

Dad’s personal touch when he did the architectural renderings for the customers was to place a small, very detailed drawing of a sports car in the picture. He said that eased his conscience over the homely architecture and was a touch his customers loved.

Some of the refinements are impressive. One example is they eliminated 1.6 miles of wiring from each vehicle

I got to see one yesterday. Lots of nice improvements. I really like the improved UI on the infotainment. I can’t wait for that to get pushed down to my truck. The changeup for the interior is overall really good. Then there is that new quad motor. That thing is just sick. over 1000HP, 0-60mph in 2.5sec. and it looks like the removed the speed limiter. That one is very tempting but I don’t think I can convince my wife to let me buy a truck for over $100K.

Prices for the cheapest version of the truck start at under $70K before any tax breaks. I don’t know the sourcing of the battery yet, but I know it got a major redesign to make it much easier to repair. That’s a huge deal IMO. Before the entire battery had to be pulled from the truck. Now it is accessible from the bottom by pulling off panels. That repairability should also help future insurance rates.

I won’t be trading my quad motor launch edition anytime soon but I can see myself leasing an R1S in a couple years. We’re already planning to get an R3X when/if it comes out.

So we’re digging our plug-in hybrid Pacifica. We didn’t intend to get it, but the one the dealer had was equipped with all the options we wanted and the best interior. They were giving big discounts (at the end of December) on all the 2023 models and the top of the line had the biggest discounts.

Basically on a full charge it is full-EV for 35 miles before then switching to hybrid. The battery isn’t very big so it isn’t the same driving experience as other EVs but it’s definitely different (in a good way) than when it runs on the ICE.

When we drive it locally, it’s all EV. We plug it in at night. Then on trips, after 35 miles it goes to hybrid ICE. So for all of our local driving, we’re on electric power from the house.

So we’re digging our plug-in hybrid Pacifica. We didn’t intend to get it, but the one the dealer had was equipped with all the options we wanted and the best interior. They were giving big discounts (at the end of December) on all the 2023 models and the top of the line had the biggest discounts.

Basically on a full charge it is full-EV for 35 miles before then switching to hybrid. The battery isn’t very big so it isn’t the same driving experience as other EVs but it’s definitely different (in a good way) than when it runs on the ICE.

When we drive it locally, it’s all EV. We plug it in at night. Then on trips, after 35 miles it goes to hybrid ICE. So for all of our local driving, we’re on electric power from the house.
My wife has a Lexus nx450h+ or whatever they call it and she loves it.

We’ve had ours for 5 years now and love it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom