The Investment Thread (25 Viewers)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
People quit going out to eat, drink, concerts, vacations, and learned to live within their means. The supply chain has crimped what they can buy too for 1.5 years now.

Doesn't it make sense that debt has dropped?

Consumer habits have changed somewhat. But its all cyclical - debt will rise again as the next generation looks to acquire items just beyond their means.

Reaction score
Im hesitant on taking F profit just yet. I really think their Lightning is going to do well for Ford.
Read the electric crate motor they are producing is sold out already as well. Seems strong demand for EV and aren't they a player in Rivian too?

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Read the electric crate motor they are producing is sold out already as well. Seems strong demand for EV and aren't they a player in Rivian too?

Correct- they hold like a 10% stake in Rivian- which means if Rivian gets valued at $70b.....thats 7B for Ford.

Not a bad return on 1.2b investment

Amazon holds like 20%

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Where these companies are gonna hit is n fleet sales- Amazon has pre-ordered 100,000 of Rivian vans.

Ill be interested to see how these develop over the years. currently only rated for a range of like 150 miles. But for local deliveries and service companies, thats just fine.

Currently - Ford 250 Transit gets around 16mpg- if you figure 9 gal of gas to run same distance as e-transit, thats a fuel cost of around $25. Same electricity cost of around $4-6.

Reaction score
Where these companies are gonna hit is n fleet sales- Amazon has pre-ordered 100,000 of Rivian vans.

Ill be interested to see how these develop over the years. currently only rated for a range of like 150 miles. But for local deliveries and service companies, thats just fine.

Currently - Ford 250 Transit gets around 16mpg- if you figure 9 gal of gas to run same distance as e-transit, thats a fuel cost of around $25. Same electricity cost of around $4-6.
Wait till the fed, state, and military contracts start.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
F75619B9-9E67-44E5-9723-7985644C4157.jpeg

Posted on CNN now. I scanned the article and kept thinking this needs a chart for perspective.

Brandon has been posting about the growing household debt concern, so I think this may be a story about interpreting data more than anything else.

It may also be a story where macros skew the story. A street where 9 out of 10 people lose their job, but the 10th sells a company for billions of dollars may appear to show that the household income on the street has gone up - but that's very different from what is actually happening.

LonghornSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i think im gonna make a CHPT/EVGO buy soon off the heels of the infrastructure bill - shoulda pulled trigger a week ago, but these charging stations are going to be everywhere in the next 5-10 years.
Looking at their Cash Flow statements, it looks like CHPT is in a much better position financially than EVGO, and that EVGO might have to dilute their stock to raise cash (at least based on my limited interpretation). What do you think of my assessment?

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Looking at their Cash Flow statements, it looks like CHPT is in a much better position financially than EVGO, and that EVGO might have to dilute their stock to raise cash (at least based on my limited interpretation). What do you think of my assessment?

needle to my balloon assessment. LOLOL

no i havent spent much time on EVGO just yet. CHPT i have. EVGO piqued my interest because the CEO is former Chief of Staff for Environmental Policy under Clinton and was responsible for the "Energy Star " program as well. So she knows how to navigate DC. ;)

LonghornSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
needle to my balloon assessment. LOLOL

no i havent spent much time on EVGO just yet. CHPT i have. EVGO piqued my interest because the CEO is former Chief of Staff for Environmental Policy under Clinton and was responsible for the "Energy Star " program as well. So she knows how to navigate DC. ;)
Cool, I haven't pulled the trigger on any of them yet, still watching them slide after they ran up. My assessment of EVGO and CHPT was severely limited due to Yahoo finance not providing all the info.

Also looking at BLNK.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Cool, I haven't pulled the trigger on any of them yet, still watching them slide after they ran up. My assessment of EVGO and CHPT was severely limited due to Yahoo finance not providing all the info.

Also looking at BLNK.
I called my broker- said has no guidance from Edward Jones on either.

Liked CHPT - said he saw back on Oct 14 they announced 5.3 million new shares to be issued but couldnt be certain that was what was putting downward pressure today ( down like 2.27 ) however, they ARE earning a profit ( $.02 per share lol )

So we have on radar for opening bell tomorrow. starts to climb, im in. continues to fall, will wait.

Said on EVGO, its a micro, so cant even trade it but does like the CEO angle w/ DC.

I was eyeing BLNK too.

I think we are a good 3-5 years away from these companies really churning out profits, so they are all long plays for me. And i think at some point, when things really heat up in EV sales, someone is gonna merge/acquire another out of a group of about 5 ( CHPT, Volta, BLNK, EVGO etc )

And while we are all looking this way....Shell and BP both have quietly made acquisitions ( Shell bought GreenLots with stated plans of 500,000 locations in 4 years and BP bought Chargemaster - largest UK )

but consider this- Chargepoint doesnt "sell" electricity- they sell/manage the stations. EVgo does both- sell the electricity and manage their stations- but just read that their main focus is charging "fleets" - Individual owners can plug in at home. But say a fleet of 15 delivery vans originate at a small warehouse, may not have the area/capacity ( without sizeable investment ) to park/charge overnite- enter EVgo. For a fee, they will set up or you bring to their location.

but then that leads me to "taking units home" - does the company say we will stipend your pay $100 mo and install home charger at our expense and you just plug in at home.

INteresting things to think as all this evolves.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom