The Investment Thread (8 Viewers)

I'd be all in...but I got no cheddar.

I just can't invest in them.. not a dollar made yet and they keep stringing along their customer base on their orders and raising the price as well.

But in the recent markets, sounds like a winning stock lol

Also I really think Draft Kings down to $13 is a great entry point. People who dont normally gamble tend to gamble when times are tough and if we do slip into a recession, people will turn to small steaks gambling and Draft Kings makes that possible.

The market swings made for an epic week. I straddled heading into the fed meeting. The market shot up and I made over 500% on my call options when I sold. Could have held a little longer and made even more but hard to cry after what happened next. The put options I bought were worthless after the massive rally. Like so worthless they weren't worth selling if I could even find a buyer. This is what I always expect with a straddle play. Except this time, the market crashed on the back side of the rally and puts ended up making even more money than the calls and I sold them this afternoon. Took about half that money and bought more call options before the bell this afternoon. I've been on fire this month so it's about time I find some pain but that hot streak put me way up to start nibbling on some long term stocks I've been wanting to own but were way overvalued and able to do it with house money.

The market swings made for an epic week. I straddled heading into the fed meeting. The market shot up and I made over 500% on my call options when I sold. Could have held a little longer and made even more but hard to cry after what happened next. The put options I bought were worthless after the massive rally. Like so worthless they weren't worth selling if I could even find a buyer. This is what I always expect with a straddle play. Except this time, the market crashed on the back side of the rally and puts ended up making even more money than the calls and I sold them this afternoon. Took about half that money and bought more call options before the bell this afternoon. I've been on fire this month so it's about time I find some pain but that hot streak put me way up to start nibbling on some long term stocks I've been wanting to own but were way overvalued and able to do it with house money.
I had a feeling you were good with the straddles, but to get in good on both ends of it, too nice. Those huge moves in consecutive days don't come around too often. And right on the heels of the Fed announcement. Well done!

I had a feeling you were good with the straddles, but to get in good on both ends of it, too nice. Those huge moves in consecutive days don't come around too often. And right on the heels of the Fed announcement. Well done!
I was really confident in hitting on one side but never expected both sides to play. I also got lucky because I was traveling and was only able to check in a few times. Could have just as easily got burned both ways since I only looked at my trading account a few times over the 3 day period.

I was really confident in hitting on one side but never expected both sides to play. I also got lucky because I was traveling and was only able to check in a few times. Could have just as easily got burned both ways since I only looked at my trading account a few times over the 3 day period.
The volatility might not be done with the May 9th thing in Russia. If they do something drastic, could possibly make things a lot worse. We'll see.

The volatility might not be done with the May 9th thing in Russia. If they do something drastic, could possibly make things a lot worse. We'll see.
I'm sure it's not over but I've pulled out of my positions with the exception of EJR and some AAL calls that expire in September but I'm constantly flipping those over as well. Many stocks, particularly in Nasdaq could still lose 15% more before they are getting close to historical normal prices. Some stocks like TSLA could get cut in half 3 times and still be very expensive. It's going to be interesting to see how long investors will be willing to wait for profits to catch up to valuations. It could also run again and valuations could push back to 1000x earnings.

Called this last week.

I wonder if Amazon will dump their shares too.

Rivian is going to fire sell on Monday.

Weird that tweet is showing as unavailable. But I can see it.

Last edited:
Maybe rivian is a decent buy low sometime. I’m sure the stock price will be going lower. I’m sure there might might be class action investor lawsuits. But there may be a nice buying opportunity in the middle of all that.

Maybe rivian is a decent buy low sometime. I’m sure the stock price will be going lower. I’m sure there might might be class action investor lawsuits. But there may be a nice buying opportunity in the middle of all that.

My prediction is that we see Rivian in the low 20s to possibly under 20 before next month.

Ford with a pull back from this article in Jan.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom