The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

Maybe rivian is a decent buy low sometime. I’m sure the stock price will be going lower. I’m sure there might might be class action investor lawsuits. But there may be a nice buying opportunity in the middle of all that.
Rivian is priced like one of the top automakers in the world. At one point it had a higher market cap than Ford and GM combined. Great stock to own running out of covid lows and into the Biden presidency with the focus on green energy. Since that point it's been a bag holder stock. I'm a buyer in the low teens, maybe.

My prediction is that we see Rivian in the low 20s to possibly under 20 before next month.

Ford with a pull back from this article in Jan.

Rivian is priced like one of the top automakers in the world. At one point it had a higher market cap than Ford and GM combined. Great stock to own running out of covid lows and into the Biden presidency with the focus on green energy. Since that point it's been a bag holder stock. I'm a buyer in the low teens, maybe.
Currently $23.48 in pre-trading. All because Ford is selling 7.8% of their shares as the lockup expires. I’m guessing others will do so as well.

Currently $23.48 in pre-trading. All because Ford is selling 7.8% of their shares as the lockup expires. I’m guessing others will do so as well.
JP Morgan is also selling a huge position(12 million shares +) for a mystery seller as well.

community-donald-glover.gif

Me logging in this morning, excited for earnings week across several of my favorite tickers.

wow a 5/11 stupid put I had done on SPY just went into the money and I had honestly written it off. lol
stupid puts are always fun. Can't believe I didn't have any. Thankfully I'm barely in anything and sitting on a pile of cash. Think we still have a ways to go down. Today is the first day where I'm seeing everything red across the board.

Lol. Holders of GME and AMC are ruining the market because we refuse to sell.

Ooooor...the predatory market makers that decided it would be best to use their additional margin allowed because of COVID to abusively short several fine American companies in an attempt to bankrupt them have ruined people's 401ks.

Of course SHLDQ is one of the only green tickers out there today, of course.

Attachments

• SHLDQ05092.jpg
    SHLDQ05092.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 5
Ooooor...the predatory market makers that decided it would be best to use their additional margin allowed because of COVID to abusively short several fine American companies in an attempt to bankrupt them have ruined people's 401ks.
Or everyone trading the (excuse me for using the phrase you hate) meme stocks aren't old enough to remember what it's like trading when the Fed is tightening and inflation was an issue or stock values matter. It was a matter of time before Warren Buffet was right and Dave Portnoy was wrong, I mean who could have seen that coming?

This is the dot com bust all over again but rolled into the inflation of the early 1980's. It was so obvious that this was coming. Problem was, it took forever for the bubble to pop. Every time the Fed tries to increase rates for the last few decades the markets pop because the other 8 out of 10 years the FED is busy blowing bubbles.

Trying to time it is next to impossible other than just by following the fed. This time the only way the Fed can act is at the cost to the American taxpayers. It's the situation the so many have been warning about for years. I've learned so much through this covid swing and hopeful next time I'll be able to capitalize. Just have to wait until the next crisis pops up. I'm just really upset I haven't been in long term puts since November. Oh well, live and learn. I managed to stay well in the green the last 6 months and if I can find some buying opportunities then I'll be really happy and can quit playing hourly, daily and weekly swings. It's easy to make money when you buy good companies at low prices. Outside of a couple months during covid, I haven't seen it since the financial crisis. It's like a near constant bubble or bust situation in the markets the last 24 years.

What worries me, the VIX still isn't showing signs of peaking, the daily crashes keep getting bigger and today was the first day we actually saw every index and commodity, bond market and crypto all bleeding today for the first time. Charts also indicate we're going lower and it's happening without any sort of black swan or economic data trending down.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom