The Last of Us (HBO series - spoilers within) (1 Viewer)

As a full on "the book is better" person. I can confidently (but admittedly biased as well) say, you gamers are worse than book snobs when it comes to dropping spoilers. The vaguish "you haven't seen anything yet" or "hate to break it to you" style posts combined with the out right direct "going to mad if I don't see giraffes" or "that has to be Abby" posts are reason enough for me to leave the thread for good.

I get it. You're excited and you want to relay that excitement. But think about this. Whatever joy you got out of watching something unfold for the first time in the game, people watching the show are robbed of when you drop tidbits you're anticipating. I'd like to enjoy the show with you all the same way I did GoT, but if we're going to get these innuendo posts, I'm just going to skip from now on. Sucks because this a great community for discussion. The first couple of times it happened I tried to ignore and move on, hoping to forget haphazardly dropped spoilers. And you may be thinking, it was just a small detail. It's the small details that build the best worlds, that make the dearest connections to characters and seal in lasting impressions. There's a reason why you hope they include something or why you think it must be such and such. Those tiny details were once new to you and you got the full enjoyment of watching the story unravel. Please be mindful that others would like to experience that too. I know it's tough.

Extended version of the Depeche Mode cover that closed Episode 6.

As a full on "the book is better" person. I can confidently (but admittedly biased as well) say, you gamers are worse than book snobs when it comes to dropping spoilers. The vaguish "you haven't seen anything yet" or "hate to break it to you" style posts combined with the out right direct "going to mad if I don't see giraffes" or "that has to be Abby" posts are reason enough for me to leave the thread for good.

I get it. You're excited and you want to relay that excitement. But think about this. Whatever joy you got out of watching something unfold for the first time in the game, people watching the show are robbed of when you drop tidbits you're anticipating. I'd like to enjoy the show with you all the same way I did GoT, but if we're going to get these innuendo posts, I'm just going to skip from now on. Sucks because this a great community for discussion. The first couple of times it happened I tried to ignore and move on, hoping to forget haphazardly dropped spoilers. And you may be thinking, it was just a small detail. It's the small details that build the best worlds, that make the dearest connections to characters and seal in lasting impressions. There's a reason why you hope they include something or why you think it must be such and such. Those tiny details were once new to you and you got the full enjoyment of watching the story unravel. Please be mindful that others would like to experience that too. I know it's tough.

i feel attacked

however, this is a 10 year old story that has been over-analyzed in every corner of the internet....it would be damn near impossible to completely avoid spoilers, no matter how big(or small) they are...

but going forward, i will try to be more mindful of what i post :9:

i feel attacked

however, this is a 10 year old story that has been over-analyzed in every corner of the internet....it would be damn near impossible to completely avoid spoilers, no matter how big(or small) they are...

but going forward, i will try to be more mindful of what i post :9:

It's not hard if you're not a gamer or do too much social media. I honestly only like talking to you guys :love:. I get its tough, it's asking a lot to not talk about a poster dropped by the production team, I get that one for sure. There's a couple other instances that totally deflated me though. These threads are tough because an episode ends and all you want to do is read more about what the frick just happened!?! without being wary that you're going to read about something that didn't happen yet. And people who know the story are just as excited to be watching it and want to share in the excitement too. It's easy to slip up, I'm grateful you're willing to try not to do so. Thank you.

Fair enough. I have honestly thought about each post before submitting and spoiler is obviously in the eye of the beholder. I mean knowing that I new character will eventually be introduced or that there may or may not be a giraffe, well those don’t seem like they could possibly spoil anything from my perspective. And the flip side, I’ve got things in spoiler tags that many may wonder why - if I was in doubt, I usually hide. But I get that it annoys you and will be even more careful going forward.

Fair enough. I have honestly thought about each post before submitting and spoiler is obviously in the eye of the beholder. I mean knowing that I new character will eventually be introduced or that there may or may not be a giraffe, well those don’t seem like they could possibly spoil anything from my perspective. And the flip side, I’ve got things in spoiler tags that many may wonder why - if I was in doubt, I usually hide. But I get that it annoys you and will be even more careful going forward.
Same, I didn’t think anything I left outside of a tag was anything story changing, apologies if that was not the case

Nope, no pancakes this weekend sweetheart.
R.ef2a40372ab0e4677454c7c9bc10948c

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom