The Mandalorian discussion thread (2 Viewers)

HoustonSaint68

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
She's not discussing small government or taxes. Bigotry isn't politics (if your politics is bigotry, i can't help you there). But, I agree that bigotry ruins a ton of things.
I understand the technical distinction but the political bleedover is obvious and the end effect is the same -- creating further division on an entertainment thread where everyone should be able to leave the angst at the door. Again, let's move on.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Well, she had already been stirring up nonsense on a smaller level for quite a while.

Rumors are that after that transgender stuff, Favreau went to bat for her with Disney and that's when the story about Pedro Pascal (who has a trans sister) talking with her to try and explain why what she'd done was hurtful to some came out. They apparently tried to give her a "Hey, you're catching heat for this and it would be great if you stopped" talk.

And then she responded by becoming so much more explosively toxic that it boggles the mind. Hollywood Reporter straight up said she was supposed to have a show announced (or star in one of the announced shows. I'm still thinking Rangers of the New Republic was going to be a Cara Dune vehicle originally) at the investor's thing in December, but that Disney pulled the plug after it was obvious she was a lost cause.

In other words, she was apparently given at least a couple of chances/warnings and responded by publicly equating herself to a Jew during the Holocaust.

Yeah, it sounds like Favreau went to bat for her and Pascal (despite having good reason to be angry) was trying to calm everything down and handle it through conversation.

But then she kicked it up a notch. It was like, are you actively trying to get fired?

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
What about Samuel L. Jackson? He’s been a Disney cartoon character (Frozone), a Jedi master (Mace Windu) and a Marvel superhero (Nick M.F. Fury).

I think they're specifically going with Disney Princess to make it a more exclusive club. Countless people have voiced characters in cartoons but only a select few get the Disney Princess designation.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What about Samuel L. Jackson? He’s been a Disney cartoon character (Frozone), a Jedi master (Mace Windu) and a Marvel superhero (Nick M.F. Fury).
Incredibles was released in 2004 and the Pixar acquisition did not happen until 2006 (or 7?) - and while Incredibles 2 was obviously afterwards, i still think we need to wait on the Pietro/Quicksilver ruling to see where/how Frozone slots

GW93

Original
Reaction score
I think they're specifically going with Disney Princess to make it a more exclusive club. Countless people have voiced characters in cartoons but only a select few get the Disney Princess designation.
I suppose “princess” conveys some exclusivity, but I haven’t been able to come up with anyone else who has done a Disney cartoon, princess or not, plus appear in the MCU and Star Wars.

And Mace Windu was on the Jedi council. That’s got to count for something

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
I suppose “princess” conveys some exclusivity, but I haven’t been able to come up with anyone else who has done a Disney cartoon, princess or not, plus appear in the MCU and Star Wars.

Mads Mikkeslon was in Rogue One, Doctor Strange, and did a voice in Cars. Well, the Danish dub, anyway.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

if you count nature documentary then Natalie Portman
also Lupita was in Jungle book

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom