The Mandalorian discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
I'd also add that thre way they interact in ANH indicates Kenobi has seen him in the suit before. Vader isn't doing any "Look what you turned me into" stuff and Kenobi is casual about it. Obviously a function of Lucas not having that part of the story mapped out at the time, but it leaves an opening for a meeting between Kenobi and a fully suited Vader.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
“Since you cut my legs off, let me burn to a crisp then left me for dead” carries a weight that nothing else does
There are ways for getting him to forget the fight. He saw what he becomes during the animated Clone Wars and then forgot all about it. Who knows what they're going to ultimately do but I can't wait to see another lightsaber battle that's hopefully on par with the prequel trilogy. I'm one of the rare people that loved those movies but especially the fights.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'd also add that thre way they interact in ANH indicates Kenobi has seen him in the suit before. Vader isn't doing any "Look what you turned me into" stuff and Kenobi is casual about it. Obviously a function of Lucas not having that part of the story mapped out at the time, but it leaves an opening for a meeting between Kenobi and a fully suited Vader.
Don't forget that he "lied" to Luke about Vader killing his father. He didn't want to tell him that he BECAME Vader so them having crossed paths since Mustafar isn't a plot hole at all.

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
I'm wondering....do they meet/fight on Tatooine? Does the result leave Vader thinking he killed Obi Wan? Or do they meet off planet? Because Vader seems to think Obi Wan is dead in ANH, or at the very least he doesn't know he is on Tatooine.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There are ways for getting him to forget the fight. He saw what he becomes during the animated Clone Wars and then forgot all about it. Who knows what they're going to ultimately do but I can't wait to see another lightsaber battle that's hopefully on par with the prequel trilogy. I'm one of the rare people that loved those movies but especially the fights.
Yeah several of the early vader books have him struggling with snatches of memories of the mustafar fight and the kids
Clearly the emperor is doing stuff to befuddle him

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
I'm not going to spoiler tag this because literally not a single word of it is proven or leaked in a meaningful way, but rumors have the story dealing with a young Leia somehow coming under threat and Obi Wan leaving Tattooine to take care of it, then running into Vader and Inquistors at some point.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not going to spoiler tag this because literally not a single word of it is proven or leaked in a meaningful way, but rumors have the story dealing with a young Leia somehow coming under threat and Obi Wan leaving Tattooine to take care of it, then running into Vader and Inquistors at some point.
‘Inquisitors’ is the best part of this rumor, imo
Those freaks make me nervous

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Not 100% sure where to put this so I'll deposit it here. Looks like we are basically getting a live-action Rebels show.

that's cool, but the biggest news to me is that production STARTS IN MARCH!!! Man, I was hoping that they had already started filming, it looks like this won't be ready til at least late '22.

Buickman

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not 100% sure where to put this so I'll deposit it here. Looks like we are basically getting a live-action Rebels show.

Man, I can't believe they aren't starting production until March. This is one I've been looking forward to. Isn't the Mandalorian 3 starting production in March as well?

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
that's cool, but the biggest news to me is that production STARTS IN MARCH!!! Man, I was hoping that they had already started filming, it looks like this won't be ready til at least late '22.

I think we will be getting Mando around Spring 2022. This will probably be our Winter 2022 Disney+ SW offering.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I can't believe they aren't starting production until March. This is one I've been looking forward to. Isn't the Mandalorian 3 starting production in March as well?

ink we will be getting Mando around Spring

Mandalorian Season 3 started filming last October. Last I read, it is expected to wrap in March 2022 and be released Q4 2022. That would explain why Ahsoka hasn't started filming yet.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mandalorian Season 3 started filming last October. Last I read, it is expected to wrap in March 2022 and be released Q4 2022. That would explain why Ahsoka hasn't started filming yet.

Good point. I keep forgetting they just started filming Mando season 3. Because they were filming BoBF I keep getting the schedule screwy in my head.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom