The Mandalorian discussion thread (2 Viewers)

I doubt they ever mention the name again, but also doubt it gets a renaming. It will just be "the ship," "my ship", "Fett's ship" etc. And "Boba Fett's ship" on packaging and the like.

As to "Slave Leia," they've been distancing themselves from that one for a while. Both in name and presentation.

I mean. I can see why wouldn't want to slap Slave all over a children's toy's packaging.

Now if they were changing the name of the ship in the movies and tv series that would be a different story.
I agree. Thats just first world problems right there. "I am mad because LEGO won't put the word Slave on their toys.!"

I know the ship is called "Slave 1" but I don't think it has ever been mentioned in any movie or any episode of The Mandalorian.

I agree, I think it was only mentioned in the comics and the toy

A lot of stuff was named after the fact and that was mostly because they needed to call the toys something

I'm pretty sure the word "Ewok" was never said in Return of the Jedi

fwiw

The Book of Boba Fett, which will be released later this year, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, set for release in 2022. Both series will use the same volume initially built for The Mandalorian in Manhattan Beach, Calif. More Star Wars shows, including Andor, are in production at Pinewood Studios in England, where ILM has built another large StageCraft volume. Season 3 of The Mandalorian is now in production.

fwiw

The Book of Boba Fett, which will be released later this year, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, set for release in 2022. Both series will use the same volume initially built for The Mandalorian in Manhattan Beach, Calif. More Star Wars shows, including Andor, are in production at Pinewood Studios in England, where ILM has built another large StageCraft volume. Season 3 of The Mandalorian is now in production.
People think that there will be a second season of Boba and I'm down with that.

I have a question about carbonite. It seemed like in Empire that it was an improvised solution for locking up Han. It was on the cloud planet mining facility that really had no use for putting people into stasis. They all seemed surprised that it didn't kill him. It seemed clear that carbonite was for some other purpose.

But in the Mandalorian, it seems like it's SOP for bounty hunters. Mando had a book of those things in his hold.

Was it a coincidence that two people happened to figure out carbonite as people-transit at roughly the same general time period or did word just spread to the BH community that it worked after Jabba?

I have a question about carbonite. It seemed like in Empire that it was an improvised solution for locking up Han. It was on the cloud planet mining facility that really had no use for putting people into stasis. They all seemed surprised that it didn't kill him. It seemed clear that carbonite was for some other purpose.

But in the Mandalorian, it seems like it's SOP for bounty hunters. Mando had a book of those things in his hold.

Was it a coincidence that two people happened to figure out carbonite as people-transit at roughly the same general time period or did word just spread to the BH community that it worked after Jabba?

Looks like it was used on living beings before Vader tried it. I'm guessing it spread among bounty hunters as an easy/cheap way to imprison/incapacitate their targets.

the show is set 5 years after return of the Jedi and I believe Jedi was set six months after Empire

more than enough time for Boba Fett to tell everyone how great and easy carbonite is

and I’m sure having the famous smuggler Han Solo displayed as a conversation piece in Jabbas living room helped it spread far and wide too

Last edited:

Looks like it was used on living beings before Vader tried it. I'm guessing it spread among bounty hunters as an easy/cheap way to imprison/incapacitate their targets.
Okay, that seems like revisionist myth. Boba Fett was clearly concerned that the process would kill Han. The greatest bounty hunter and long time solo spacefarer. Then I think it was Lando seemed surprised that he was still alive and in perfect hibernation. That doesn't sound like a "centuries old" solution for space travel.

And as for plenty of time for Boba Fett to tell people how great it works... he was in the belly of the Sarlac for a good portion of that time and then busy looking for his armor after that. And even if he wasn't otherwise tied up, why would he be spreading this great new method of bounty carrying to his competitors? Seems like a nice little edge he'd developed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom