The Nascar Thread (4 Viewers)

Some of the comments are really entertaining, lol. I still think Joey did what he was supposed to. It's Nascar.

This race is wild! And Wallace needs to fire his crew. They have been absolute dog sheet today. Unreal. They have a top 3 car and can't get out of their own way.

Fantastic day for team 23XI It could have been even better if not for Wallace's crew crapping the bed every. single. pit.

And wow, the tire and wheel issues were rampant today.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: JLL
Great race. I like Kurt so much these days - he’s come so far. And he just beat Larson, outraced him.

Great race. I like Kurt so much these days - he’s come so far. And he just beat Larson, outraced him.
I'm curious what you think about all of the issues on pit road, crews with uncontrolled tires, having to literally cut the wheel off because they couldn't get the nut off and the left rears going flat throughout the race.

And Bubba. He drives his arse off but his pit crew lets him down every week. He had top 3 speed. I don't know if he gets past the Kyles in the 2 and 3 spots, but I think he would have made it tough. To get sent to the back twice and didn't advance a single spot on any pit and still finish P10 is wild.

The 23 and 45 cars have the speed to win races, but the mistakes have hurt both drivers a lot this season. I don't know that Wallace can change his crew mid-season, but something has to give.

I liked Kansas. That was a challenging track and the driver's pushing the cars to the limit had zero room for error. Larson saved his car several times during the race. A lesser driver wrecks in those spots. Gotta respect Larson's talent. I'm not really a fan because he's kinda boring. But he is definitely a top 3 driver imo.

Suarez is so snakebit this season. He had the speed to run in the top 5 but the tire issues bit him along with several others.

Apparently, the tires were fine but just not enough air in them. Wonder if Nascar should clamp down on minimum tire pressure? Idk. I guess they'll just have to live with that risk.

I enjoyed this race. And cool to see the 45 win, which being Adam Petty's number, has some history there. Pretty interesting stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: JLL
I'm curious what you think about all of the issues on pit road, crews with uncontrolled tires, having to literally cut the wheel off because they couldn't get the nut off and the left rears going flat throughout the race.

And Bubba. He drives his arse off but his pit crew lets him down every week. He had top 3 speed. I don't know if he gets past the Kyles in the 2 and 3 spots, but I think he would have made it tough. To get sent to the back twice and didn't advance a single spot on any pit and still finish P10 is wild.

The 23 and 45 cars have the speed to win races, but the mistakes have hurt both drivers a lot this season. I don't know that Wallace can change his crew mid-season, but something has to give.

I liked Kansas. That was a challenging track and the driver's pushing the cars to the limit had zero room for error. Larson saved his car several times during the race. A lesser driver wrecks in those spots. Gotta respect Larson's talent. I'm not really a fan because he's kinda boring. But he is definitely a top 3 driver imo.

Suarez is so snakebit this season. He had the speed to run in the top 5 but the tire issues bit him along with several others.

Apparently, the tires were fine but just not enough air in them. Wonder if Nascar should clamp down on minimum tire pressure? Idk. I guess they'll just have to live with that risk.

I enjoyed this race. And cool to see the 45 win, which being Adam Petty's number, has some history there. Pretty interesting stuff.
Kansas has become a track associated with good racing in the past few years. Risk vs reward on the tire pressures. I hope NASCAR wouldn't start clamping down on the tire pressures.

FYI practice for Indy 500 starts today. Curious to see how JJ48 does on oval. He had a pretty good showing at TMS. If he can eliminate the car from snapping around he should have a good chance.

FYI practice for Indy 500 starts today. Curious to see how JJ48 does on oval. He had a pretty good showing at TMS. If he can eliminate the car from snapping around he should have a good chance.
Yeah, I recall reading that the cars were having issues exiting pit road. Did they get that sorted out or you think it still might be an issue during the race?

Yeah, I recall reading that the cars were having issues exiting pit road. Did they get that sorted out or you think it still might be an issue during the race?
I'm not sure, I just started watching it. In Saturdays race on the road course they were having issues with wet/dry track conditions. It was either too dry for wets, and too wet for slicks. It was entertaining to say the least.

I think uncontrolled tires on pit road happen when teams are trying to shave off every tenth of a second they can - and since 2019 when Nascar enhanced the uncontrolled tire penalty, there have been scores of them. I haven't seen any comparison data but I'd definitely be very surprised if the number is meaningfully higher in 2022.

A tire issue based on low air pressure isn't a tire failure. Goodyear gives them a recommended minimum tire pressure and there are always teams that are willing to go below it - it's just a risk crew chiefs sometimes take. I don't think Nascar needs to do anything about it, the risk seems pretty contained to the team that loses the tire with maybe a few exceptions but not enough to warrant a rule IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom