The Nascar Thread (2 Viewers)

Pretty good race. Moving the start zone before the turn into the front straight really changed the starts and reasterts. They were able to get spread out a bit and didn't have the huge messes in turn 1 they had in previous years. Only 1 caution the entire race.

Congrats McDowell on the win. He's just an excellent road course driver.

Denny with some egg on his face this week. Lol.

Good stuff. This is a guy who has paid is dues and not some one hit wonder. Really happy for him and his beautiful family. Just a cool good guy.

If you're a Hailie Deegan fan, this is a long, but pretty interesting interview. They cover a lot and really helps fill in some of the blanks for why she's struggled with trucks, particularly qualifying. And you can tell Kenny Wallace is a big fan. He's pretty adamant that Deegan's skillset is better suited for Xfinity than trucks.

I enjoyed the interview.

Two weeks left in the season and some good drivers are gonna miss the playoffs. Bubba is on the bubble and he might need to win to get in if someone else lower sneaks in this week.

The Glen this week and Daytona next week. Dinger looked really fast in practice and I wouldn't be surprised if he's the guy who sneaks in this week.

Which would lead to Bubba needing to win at Daytona to get in. I think he can do it, but it's such a crap shoot. Who knows.

ARGGGG! Fuel miscalculation!
Yeah, it's just not Elliot's year. That was a snoozer of a race though. Hardly any passes the entire time.

Bunch of guys will be fighting for that last playoff spot. Bubba is in the last spot and he'll need to avoid the wrecks and hope someone above him wins. He's always among the leaders on superspeedways so he should be in good shape as long as he keeps his car clean.

Yeah, it's just not Elliot's year. That was a snoozer of a race though. Hardly any passes the entire time.

Bunch of guys will be fighting for that last playoff spot. Bubba is in the last spot and he'll need to avoid the wrecks and hope someone above him wins. He's always among the leaders on superspeedways so he should be in good shape as long as he keeps his car clean.

I think Bubba is gonna run up front - just have to avoid the wrecks and have a shot for the win. Gonna be hard though, desperation and superspeedway racing don’t go well together

I think Bubba is gonna run up front - just have to avoid the wrecks and have a shot for the win. Gonna be hard though, desperation and superspeedway racing don’t go well together
Yeah, I'm just worried someone is gonna turn him when he's upfront. Guess it depends on who's up there with him. If he can get Hamlin and Reddick up there to protect him, that could help.

Daytona - final Cup race of the season and one playoff spot up for grabs.

Note the schedule is different with Xfinity on Friday, Cup Saturday and trucks/Arca on Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom