The Nascar Thread (2 Viewers)

Preece stayed overnight in the hospital at Daytona for further observation and tests. The report is that he's awake, alert, and communicating. He tweeted "I will be back" last night.

But the extent of his injuries is unclear. Will he be back next week? Next month? Next season? Not clear at this point without information on the injuries.
Yeah, it's a good question. That was the most violent wreck I've seen in the NextGen car. Certainly since the Newman crash. I thought I'd just watched a fatality when I saw it live.

I'm sure Preece's brain was rattled at least a bit. Those sustained G forces that long had to be rough.

Also, I'm curious about Blaney. His interview after the wreck, you could tell he wasn't quite all there. That's at least the second big hit he's taken. Hope he's gonna be ok.

Amazing - Preece is cleared to race on Sunday night.

That's just wild. Hard to believe after seeing a car flip 10+ times like that and walk away from it. These cars have clearly improved their safety so much in the last year. I know Nascar has gotten a lot of criticism over the years, but it's clear they're being responsive when it comes to safety.

And first round of playoffs start this weekend at Too Tough to Tame.

That's just wild. Hard to believe after seeing a car flip 10+ times like that and walk away from it. These cars have clearly improved their safety so much in the last year. I know Nascar has gotten a lot of criticism over the years, but it's clear they're being responsive when it comes to safety.

And first round of playoffs start this weekend at Too Tough to Tame.

Interestingly, the hurricane moving out has brought in milder conditions and ended the pre-storm heat wave the region was experiencing. It's going to be a very nice Labor Day weekend, not quite as brutal as normal.

Interestingly, the hurricane moving out has brought in milder conditions and ended the pre-storm heat wave the region was experiencing. It's going to be a very nice Labor Day weekend, not quite as brutal as normal.
Indeed, and zero rain expected, which is a nice change from many of the races this season.

Honestly, as scary looking as Preece's car gymnastics were, the Blaney hit was way more scary. There was zero scrub off of speed before Blaney hit the wall at 180 mph and it was eerily similar to the hit that killed Earnhart. That said, safety has come quite far since then and the fact that both of these drivers will be on the track this weekend is a testament to those moves.

That was a decent Xfinity race. Mayer getting into the back of the 48 was not nice, lol. Kligerman trails Herbst by 1 point for last playoff spot with 1 race to go. Gonna be a fun final race in Kansas.

That's a good hire
Yeah, not gonna get much better than him from the lower ranks. LMC still needs to give him a good car week in and week out. Jones hasn't been great, but he's been up there when everything is aligned. Hocevar got a nice run out of the 42 last week. So the potential is there.

Dale Jr is in the 88 tonight. Sun Drop I believe is the sponsor.

Also they moved the green flag up to 6:30 tomorrow, I think for weather.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom