Titanic submersible es morte (3 Viewers)

We probably could have saved way more than 5 people from that migrant boat if we gave it 1/10 of the resources going to this.
How?
The migrant boat went down around Greece.
Does the U.S. have ships near Greece?
It sounds like countries who have a shoreline on the Mediterranean should be the ones to help out.

How?
The migrant boat went down around Greece.
Does the U.S. have ships near Greece?
It sounds like countries who have a shoreline on the Mediterranean should be the ones to help out.

The US has about 20 ships operating in the Mediterranean. It is definitely something the US could do, but it is not an operational priority for the US Navy. There are also legal issues surrounding such rescue operations and where you would put the survivors.

This thread is moving too fast for me rn. Hope it's not a repost. The articles found this says the report was done a year prior.

Last edited:
My assumption is these incidents happen frequently so they don’t sell. Not that it isn’t a tragedy. Maybe start a thread?

I think what has the attention of the world here isn’t the fact it’s a billionaire in the submersible it’s the situation. It’s thinking about 5 people stuck 12500ft below the ocean floor. Will they be rescued?

I think it's that we already know the outcome of the migrant boat sinking. The only thing to cover is the circumstances that led to them being on the boat and how to fix that which is politics and most people don't find that appealing and with no quick easy fix.

Like you said the sub thing doesn't happen every day it's intriguing and edge of your seat cliff hanger ever hour that gets people's attention. It's man fighting against nature to try and save one of their own. It's like baby Jessica trapped in the well, miners stuck in a collapsed mine or those soccer kids stuck in a cave. People are paying attention because they want to know the ending.

It's kinda of like wondering why a marvel popcorn movie is doing better box office than dramas.

I think it's that we already know the outcome of the migrant boat sinking. The only thing to cover is the circumstances that led to them being on the boat and how to fix that which is politics and most people don't find that appealing.

Like you said the sub thing doesn't happen every day it's intriguing and edge of your seat cliff hanger ever hour that gets people's attention. It's man fighting against nature to try and save one of their own. It's like baby Jessica trapped in the well, miners stuck in a collapsed mine or those soccer kids stuck in a cave. People are paying attention because they want to know the ending.

It's kinda of like wondering why a marvel popcorn movie is doing better box office than dramas.
This right here.

I wish there would be better updates on this. I know the magellan rov was asked to participate but what I can't find is if it's on site yet and if not when will it be? Most app of the updates is the same info over and over.

I wish there would be better updates on this. I know the magellan rov was asked to participate but what I can't find is if it's on site yet and if not when will it be? Most app of the updates is the same info over and over.
I would think a lot of the rescue operation at this point involves classified equipment and techniques -- the specifics of which the involved NATO governments (US & Canada) don't want to put on display.

We probably could have saved way more than 5 people from that migrant boat if we gave it 1/10 of the resources going to this.

The migrant boat's situation and the Titanic submersible's situations are not comparable.

There are conflicting reports, per CNN. Some report that the Greek navy was on the scene attempting to stabilize and tow the migrant vessel after its engine broke down. The Greek Navy and Coast Guard deny those accounts, but concede they had vessels on the scene.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom