Top 10 college football teams of the decade (1 Viewer)

Tim Tebow blows. Most overrated player in NCAA history.

Well he doesn't **** so you could be right, but you have to give the guy credit for his accomplishments. Besides, he isn't even the most overrated player in the conference; that would be Keiland Williams :hihi:

How can Keiland Williams be overrated? Not even LSU fans talk about him much...

How can Keiland Williams be overrated? Not even LSU fans talk about him much...

I've heard his name mentioned continually as part of LSU's awesome backfield. Scott is awesome, probably my favorite back in the SEC. The rest are good to ok. I wasn't being too serious to begin with anyway.

Last edited:
He's talented for sure, but I like that Les has decided to shy away from the runningback by committee and pick a bell cow. I think he'll have a better career in the NFL than Toefield and Davis, but probably not as good as Addai. Early fumbling issues and Scott taking Hester's example have sidelined him.

I think that he would start for a lot of SEC teams, but LSU fans are over him...

I think Tebow is overrated. I am not saying he is a bad player, of course, just that he is far from being the greatest player in college history as quite a few people think.
I mean he very clearly makes plays. And he makes plays at crucial times - which is the definition of great players. And no doubt he is a great player. But I don't think he dominates games like other QBs have and how other players have throughout the years.
I mean just sticking to the same team and same position - I would much rather face Tebow than Dany Wuerffel.

And to further clarify - overrated is a relative term. I mean a very average player can be considered underrated, and a great player, even one of the best players of all-time can be considered overrated if, as in this case, it is widely considered that the player is one of, if not the, greatest player in college football.

Or to put in another way - if you were asked: of all the QBs in college football this year who would you want? Its not so crystal clear to me that Tebow is the best choice.
So if he is not rather clearly the greatest player in his position while playing, then how can he really be the greatest, or one of hte greatest, ever?

Jimmy, in a certain sense, you're right. What's funny to me as if you look at the players that were in NCAA football 10-15 years ago, sports commentators, writers, ESPN, all were pointing at some player from a major college program like Miami, Florida, Nebraska with Tommy Frazier, and here at Auburn with Bo Jackson. It seems that whenever a great player comes along who can do everything, is a game breaker, gets major love and gets sort of the same beatification Tebow has received in his college career.

That's where I see the overrated tag in what you were talking about in your last post, Jim. 3-4 years ago, the media was calling Reggie Bush the second coming of Marcus Allen mixed in with Gale Sayers all wrapped into one package. And we all here remember how Bush could break open a game at any moment in a game, the man was a TD waiting to happen at USC. That Fresno State/USC game in 2005, the one where USC got pushed to the limit by a Fresno State team that was seen like as an afterthought. I watched a replay of that game this past Friday Jim, USC came perilously close to being upset that night, closer then even I remembered it being. If #5 doesn't pull off a superhuman performance that night, USC loses to the Bulldogs. The #1 USC Trojans would have been upset in their home stadium. That game helped Bush win the Heisman in 2005 because their were a few times in 2005 where they were 1 play away from losing like against Notre Dame, with Fresno State, and Arizona State giving them a few close ones in their long winning streak. They could have lost those games just as easily as they won them all in last minute heroics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom