Ukraine (42 Viewers)

A 20 tweet storm by Mick Ryan. Click on it to bring up all of the tweets:

A 20 tweet storm by Mick Ryan. Click on it to bring up all of the tweets:

Re: the mini-offensive in the north, what about the Russian separatist outfits that did some attacks near the border toward Belgarod. Rather than have to move Ukrainian troops from other areas, ask those hungry chaps to assist at that front.

Orcs getting rained on by bombs at night... (edit: looks like twitter is not letting me link the tweet, but it's still up as far as I can see, it's on Mr. Parrot's account and titled:
A swarm of killer drones found another russian party and decided to join it without invitation. More than a dozen muscovites were neutralized.

Last edited:
Re: the mini-offensive in the north, what about the Russian separatist outfits that did some attacks near the border toward Belgarod. Rather than have to move Ukrainian troops from other areas, ask those hungry chaps to assist at that front.
I think they tried doing that when they had to at the very beginning of the war. I don't think it worked out that well.

I would doubt that a Russian separatist unit mixing along a front would work out well. They would fairly undisciplined troops mixing in a chain of command that would be more disciplined.

For one their commanders are not very accustom to being in a large staff chain of command. And none of their commanders would be mixed in with the staff officers. So they would not feel at part of it.

There's also the problem that they are Russians, and at this point Ukrainian troops hate Russians.

I think they tried doing that when they had to at the very beginning of the war. I don't think it worked out that well.

I would doubt that a Russian separatist unit mixing along a front would work out well. They would fairly undisciplined troops mixing in a chain of command that would be more disciplined.

For one their commanders are not very accustom to being in a large staff chain of command. And none of their commanders would be mixed in with the staff officers. So they would not feel at part of it.

There's also the problem that they are Russians, and at this point Ukrainian troops hate Russians.
I think also Zelensky wants to distance himself and Ukraine from them. That way, when they do anything in russia, he can say "wasn't us, we have nothing to do with their operations, they are not associated with us at all".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom