Ukraine (30 Viewers)

How to say "all thumbs" "Literal translation, hands from the ___"

This is making the rounds. It looks to me like it's Photoshop blending of several photos.

The thing that suggests that to me is the part of the photo which includes the cockpit shows a pilot in there in a position which would suggest an aircraft in flight. A pilot wouldn't assume that posture if the aircraft were parked on an apron.

If a pilot were in a cockpit on the apron there would be crew persons on the ground around the aircraft as well. The canopy would likely be open.

This is the original article.

This is the original article.

That's VOA. VOA has a reputation for the best quality propaganda of them all.

Where do you think billions of our tax dollars went?
Aid to Ukraine sits ~2.5% of the military spending. Most of that goes to domestic manufacture of replacement gear the US will keep if I understand properly.

I am not sure there's much to worry about there. Especially as the US military budget fails audit.

That is more concerning to me.

Where do you think billions of our tax dollars went?
EGLSShin, our tax dollars didn't go for that, we created that money, increased the amount of money floating around out there.

The indications are that it was received well, and the corresponding economic indicators are all up.

;)

I am known for being an optimist.

Aid to Ukraine sits ~2.5% of the military spending. Most of that goes to domestic manufacture of replacement gear the US will keep if I understand properly.

I am not sure there's much to worry about there. Especially as the US military budget fails audit.

The US military literally loses more money between the couch cushions than we send to Ukraine

Considering my job and what I know about how DOD finance works...there more to the story than what is covered in this article. I'll just say they're a work in progress. This isn't a new problem and will continue to be for a few more years. They'll get it done eventually. It's like steering an oil tanker. You ain't gonna get it to turn on a dime at speed.

Just to be clear, relatively speaking, DOD audits are a recent thing, starting in 2017. And it's not surprising that they're still failing audits. It's probably gonna take a decade at least to get to where they're passing these audits. I can't give specifics, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
The US military literally loses more money between the couch cushions than we send to Ukraine
I chuckled that because it caused me a half hour of looking back in time. I wasn't able to locate a memory of a couch appearing in a memory during my military time.

I do remember some pretty comfy naugahyde arm chairs I got some sleep in, but no couches graced my rest at all.

I chuckled that because it caused me a half hour of looking back in time. I wasn't able to locate a memory of a couch appearing in a memory during my military time.

I do remember some pretty comfy naugahyde arm chairs I got some sleep in, but no couches graced my rest at all.
When I was at the Skunk Works, the visitors area and a couple of the IT rooms had couches.
I didn't search them for loose change, however.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom