Ukraine (15 Viewers)

"On Edit, I played with that photo after posting and after blowing it up to huge, I find that the yellow sign is right side up, however I still think the other sign is upside down. What does that mean???"

No headstands allowed .

Russias economy is failing.

laymans terms-

they cant sell bonds ( they placed only 5/100 of target !!!! FIVE ONE HUNDRETHS ) to borrow and fund govt spending. Inflation is around 9-10% ( some think higher ) and targeted to be around 15% by years end and interest rate is 20% - they cant raise taxes ( to get the funding ) on Russians without repercussions domestically, their Sovereign Wealth Fund is dwindling, Ruble exchange rate keeps dropping vs USD/YUAN/EURO ...

so the only answer, as of now, is to PRINT MORE MONEY. Which would lead to hyperinflation

couple all this with Ukraine targeting refineries ( again ) which, at this point, is their one major money making EXPORT, and reducing ability to EXPORT revenue making oil, Russia is teetering on an economic canyon.

its gotten worse.

Prune60 put together this graphic to give a visual of how bad the bond offers are going and there is only 11 days ( offer days ) left and need 2.4Trillion to meet the deficit.

It looks to me like they unbolted the two signs in the photo, turned them upside down, and then rebolted them to their posts. Upside down, both signs.

I wonder what that means in Korean culture.

I think we're maybe going to need a Korean War thread.

On Edit, I played with that photo after posting and after blowing it up to huge, I find that the yellow sign is right side up, however I still think the other sign is upside down. What does that mean???
I don’t speak Korean, but I did live there for two years. The sign looks right to me.
Google translate says
“District dividing line
MILITARY
DEMARCATION LINE
North-South joint office [tentative name]
Installation location”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom