UPDATE: BI Likely to be Traded[Pel's Media expect a big push to move in Ingram in Early August] (3 Viewers)

The only thing stopping Ingram from re-signing here is Ingram. It's going to take a lot of convincing to get him to come down from the max. Honestly, I believe he's using e negotiations to force his way out

I don't think Ingram and his agent are blind to the fact of his value at this current juncture. They possible want out or dig their heels into ground to get Griff to cave.
I think he’ll take a short contract ball out ask for more money or just raise his value and get the bag somewhere else and if Trey Murphy don’t grab me 6 to 7 rebounds a game playing 30 mins or so I’m not offering him anything crazy he needs to put numbers up similar to Lauri for me to pay him big if I was griffin ofc

Let me be clear....if we could get a BI that shot the 3 like he did his first 2 seasons with us coupled with the BI last year that played better defense and passed the ball well, I would be happy. That would be a player worth going into the luxury tax to keep. I remember how he was a three level scoring threat in his first 2 seasons with us.

I just don't see that happening at this point in his career

I'd just like to keep pointing out that the best team (by far) in the NBA went though the entire year without a single player resembling a true traditional 5.... They were essentially all big wings, big Guards, and modern 5s that space, shoot, and switch....

They went 64-18 during the season, and 16-3 in the playoffs.... much like I figured they would... I am personally fine if we don't get a traditional Big.... and follow the BOS model...

I'd be good with Keeping BI.... and rolling out lineups with no traditional big every game... just bring in a couple of cheap 5s to fill out the bench and play situational mins... and keep stacking big guards and wings.

(yeah I know - I know - blah blah big man defense - blah blah big man rebounds... Again see BOS circa like a couple months ago)

DM - Herb - Trey - BI - Zion (CJ off the bench).... F dem big slow no shooting other bastids... LOL

Last edited:
Ainge can suck it... Kessler was just Summer League poop shooted by ya boy Eddy (rookie)... How bout NO! LOL

Was he though? He could've grabbed more rebounds I guess. Shot 3 for 5. And not getting the rebound on that free throw was bad. Kessler did have 5 blocks himself though (and 2 steals). Can't really do much if your guy gets the ball 1 foot from the basket.

Just going off that one minute clip and the box score. Half the time Kessler wasn't even guarding Edey (who only scored 14 points in 34 minutes- people here are acting like he got 50). Kessler also had less turnovers, less fouls, more assists, more steals, more blocks, better +/-, 8 more free throw attempts (Edey had zero), equal amount of offensive boards.

Was he though? He could've grabbed more rebounds I guess. Shot 3 for 5. And not getting the rebound on that free throw was bad. Kessler did have 5 blocks himself though (and 2 steals). Can't really do much if your guy gets the ball 1 foot from the basket.

Just going off that one minute clip and the box score. Half the time Kessler wasn't even guarding Edey (who only scored 14 points in 34 minutes- people here are acting like he got 50). Kessler also had less turnovers, less fouls, more assists, more steals, more blocks, better +/-, 8 more free throw attempts (Edey had zero), equal amount of offensive boards.
He was getting pushed around badly by Edey and his awareness was just bad.

He had a really bad game. I don't think he came prepared. So, he got sort of embarrassed. It's still a SL game for a reason

Like I said... Pel's Press is legit and a valid source.

I don't think we are able to trade a guy who wants 210m. We either extend him or let him hit fa this offseason
Now that the Pels have given him permission to find a team that is willing to give him a max contract, and (so far) hasn't found a single one, it seems to me that a compromise is more likely.

I'm thinking a year extension at that compromised value would be a very real possibility. Pels get him next year with still another year left to look at his salary again next summer without worrying about losing him for nothing. BI gets a decent salary with an opportunity to show better skills to earn that max salary. Kind of a win-win for both sides.

Now that the Pels have given him permission to find a team that is willing to give him a max contract, and (so far) hasn't found a single one, it seems to me that a compromise is more likely.

I'm thinking a year extension at that compromised value would be a very real possibility. Pels get him next year with still another year left to look at his salary again next summer without worrying about losing him for nothing. BI gets a decent salary with an opportunity to show better skills to earn that max salary. Kind of a win-win for both sides.
Aug 6th deadline would be crucial if that's the case

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom