Vaccaro Impresses (1 Viewer)

I've learned over the years that most people have no clue what they are talking about and even if they actually do watch a certain player, they are usually clueless as to what they were doing

It's commonplace for people here to gang up on a few players and blame them for everything that happens. This is why roman Harper is solely responsible for the losses at Seattle and San Fran....because ppl need a villain

The sad thing is that a lot of people ask the same question..."what went wrong?"

What happens then is that someone comes along and says, "will smith is fat and lazy" so the sheep follow along.

It doesn't take any sort of intelligence to point a finger

It takes an intelligent mind to figure out what's actually going on
Right. You keep telling us how much smarter you are than us.

Right. You keep telling us how much smarter you are than us.

I didn't say that...just that there's a lot more going on

You can learn a lot by trying to figure out what the coaches are doing.

There's a method to their madness. If you said your teachers in school were idiots, you'd never know how to read and write

If you say the coaches in the nfl are dumb, you'll never learn anything about the game

An Alabama avatar and a Harper fan? Hmm. If you have watched any Saints games, you would know that Harper CAN'T cover. He is good on a blitz and in run support. Otherwise, it should be Vaccaro and Jenkins.

I've learned over the years that most people have no clue what they are talking about and even if they actually do watch a certain player, they are usually clueless as to what they were doing

It's commonplace for people here to gang up on a few players and blame them for everything that happens. This is why roman Harper is solely responsible for the losses at Seattle and San Fran....because ppl need a villain

The sad thing is that a lot of people ask the same question..."what went wrong?"

What happens then is that someone comes along and says, "will smith is fat and lazy" so the sheep follow along.

It doesn't take any sort of intelligence to point a finger

It takes an intelligent mind to figure out what's actually going on

You're the singular person on this entire site that has said Will Smith looked "pretty good".

Here's an idea. Maybe you're dead wrong. We can discuss that.

You're the singular person on this entire site that has said Will Smith looked "pretty good".

Here's an idea. Maybe you're dead wrong. We can discuss that.

Perhaps...

I just find it difficult to believe a forum full of people that have inaccurately predicted will smith, roman Harper, Malcolm Jenkins, Jonathan vilma, etc etc etc to be cut and perform poorly..all the while they continue to start under the guise of the best coach we've ever had

For some strange reason, me saying will smith is going to start, is the dumbest thing anyone on this forum could say...but the coaches agree wholeheartedly

I get it...I really do. Defending his play is a losing battle....but it's certainly not because I'm wrong

So...until the coaches show that they agree with any of the simple minded opinions on here, I'll continue to defend the players.

There are theories galore as to why certain players play, but the easiest, most common sense answer, is that they are our best option

So I may be wrong, but why is it that the coaches, all of them over the past 9 seasons, think will smith is our best option?

Why is it that we are here on an Internet forum arguing while the coaches are actually watching them play? Who's more qualified and why do you disagree with them so much?

Why cut Quddus???

I have nothing against Quddus but he has been outplayed in preseason and training camp, evident by Bush and Leonhard playing ahead of him. It's a numbers game and I think we keep 5 safeties. If we keep 6 then he stays obviously. Either with us or another team I still think he will be a good safety in this league.

Also, like I said I think Harper starts over Vaccaro. I think some misunderstood when I said it the first time. Vaccaro will get plenty of playing time and will rotate in for both Harper and Jenkins in addition to three safety looks. However, I still think Harper and Jenkins are day one starters.

I am so tired of hearing how athletic and quick Jenkins is. While it is true that he is a great athlete, he is a terrible safety. Doesn't matter how good of an athlete you are if you are never anywhere near making a play on the ball in the air. he does not have the right instincts to play FS.

I have nothing against Quddus but he has been outplayed in preseason and training camp, evident by Bush and Leonhard playing ahead of him. It's a numbers game and I think we keep 5 safeties. If we keep 6 then he stays obviously. Either with us or another team I still think he will be a good safety in this league.

Also, like I said I think Harper starts over Vaccaro. I think some misunderstood when I said it the first time. Vaccaro will get plenty of playing time and will rotate in for both Harper and Jenkins in addition to three safety looks. However, I still think Harper and Jenkins are day one starters.

Bush is a strong safety. I was wondering what happened to Quddus, haven't heard of him at all.

He also started for the only saints defense to win a super bowl

With your argument, we should cut everyone that started last year. Why keep their backups too? If they can't beat out the starters, they must be really bad

With your argument we should never cut any starter from that year's team or consider them to currently be bad or incapable at effectively doing their job on the field. Harper struggled to cover in the seasons he played well, and now that he is 4 seasons older, slower, and weaker his inability to cover is more obvious. I love every player from that 2009 season for wht they did, but at some point (4 seasons later should be long enough) you need to stop giving players passes for what they're currently able to do bc you're still putting them on the laurels of his role on that team and what they accomplished.

With your argument we should never cut any starter from that year's team or consider them to currently be bad or incapable at effectively doing their job on the field. Harper struggled to cover in the seasons he played well, and now that he is 4 seasons older, slower, and weaker his inability to cover is more obvious. I love every player from that 2009 season for wht they did, but at some point (4 seasons later should be long enough) you need to stop giving players passes for what they're currently able to do bc you're still putting them on the laurels of his role on that team and what they accomplished.

You really missed my point

Saying a player is bad just because the team they played on was bad is such a dumb thing to say. I was responding to the notion that Harper is bad because our defense as a whole was bad

Harper was one of the only bright spots on a defense that shouldn't have been that bad.

His stats speak for themselves and if anything, he's improved in a few areas

He's not the fastest dude in the nfl, but he isn't slow and he can cover...he's just not revis

Basing anything on last years team is just short sighted and blaming one player for losses in the playoffs is probably even worse

Vaccaro should play a lot though. I think we got away from the thread too much

Harper and Jenkins will start, but vaccaro will play as much as any nickel or dime back we have on the team

Perhaps...

I just find it difficult to believe a forum full of people that have inaccurately predicted will smith, roman Harper, Malcolm Jenkins, Jonathan vilma, etc etc etc to be cut and perform poorly..all the while they continue to start under the guise of the best coach we've ever had

For some strange reason, me saying will smith is going to start, is the dumbest thing anyone on this forum could say...but the coaches agree wholeheartedly

I get it...I really do. Defending his play is a losing battle....but it's certainly not because I'm wrong

So...until the coaches show that they agree with any of the simple minded opinions on here, I'll continue to defend the players.

There are theories galore as to why certain players play, but the easiest, most common sense answer, is that they are our best option

So I may be wrong, but why is it that the coaches, all of them over the past 9 seasons, think will smith is our best option?

Why is it that we are here on an Internet forum arguing while the coaches are actually watching them play? Who's more qualified and why do you disagree with them so much?

So you're not super intelligent, you just think the coaches are?

If you think you are so intelligent, I'll put 100$ right now that Smith will not be on this team by the end of the season.

So you're not super intelligent, you just think the coaches are?

If you think you are so intelligent, I'll put 100$ right now that Smith will not be on this team by the end of the season.

That seems fair.

I consider myself intelligent. I also know there are a lot of great football minds that would laugh at the limited knowledge that's expressed on fan forums every day

Will smith will not only make this team, he will start

That seems fair.

I consider myself intelligent. I also know there are a lot of great football minds that would laugh at the limited knowledge that's expressed on fan forums every day

Will smith will not only make this team, he will start

Does this mean you're accepting Noggy's bet?

You really missed my point

Saying a player is bad just because the team they played on was bad is such a dumb thing to say. I was responding to the notion that Harper is bad because our defense as a whole was bad

Harper was one of the only bright spots on a defense that shouldn't have been that bad.

His stats speak for themselves and if anything, he's improved in a few areas

He's not the fastest dude in the nfl, but he isn't slow and he can cover...he's just not revis

Basing anything on last years team is just short sighted and blaming one player for losses in the playoffs is probably even worse

Vaccaro should play a lot though. I think we got away from the thread too much

Harper and Jenkins will start, but vaccaro will play as much as any nickel or dime back we have on the team

My opinion for why certain players, specifically Harper, Smith and Vilma, haven't been cut and why they're starters after the point they should is bc of SP's detachment from the D, the value he places on leadership, and the fact that sometimes he is loyalty to a fault. I think that after he let Gibbs walk he needed some form of internal security and trust in the D. He felt like that going into Williams' tenure and also w Spaggs and now Rob, so that's ones reason I thing I think as to why. You can't say coaches are flawless and know what's best bc if that were true they'd never get fired for doing the wrong thing.

No coach is immune to making mistakes, and there many reasons as to why certain players will play or start when they shouldn't. I think SP probably let his DCs know they had full reign to control and coach the D, but he had to keep these players on the team if anything but for their leadership. The biggest factor is all of those players have/had big contracts and since SP and Loomis are hand in glove there was no way the DC could convince Loomis to spend the $ on stater caliber players to upgrade those positions when it was clear upgrades could be needed, but ML wouldn't allocate that much more $ into one position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom