Vikings still sore about 2009. (2 Viewers)

Hard to believe someone would lavish that much time on an 11 year-old game. I get having the game go into the list of his "we got screwed" games, but to devote hours and hours dissecting a game which Minnesota lost for itself with its turnovers is, well, weird.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Here, why the underlying fault is with the referees, the Vikings are claiming the Saints knowingly broke the rules challenging the ref to call the fouls throughout the game. it was done as a means of intimidation. In our case, I do not know if the Rams defender was purposely committing a foul or that he mistimed the arrival of the ball and was trying to prevent the catch. I honestly think the latter. This is the exact opposite what the Vikings fans are claiming. If the Vikings fans said we lost due to crappy calls, we can chimed back, welcome to our world.

Saints misfortune goes well beyond that one year. You can characterized all our missed opportunities due to poor execution at the end of games. I think quite of few Saints fans would admit to that. The vikings fans do not mentioned the turnovers, but rather dirty play.

-----
Robey-Coleman admitted after the game that he gambled with what should've been a penalty to prevent a sure TD.

They should be mad at never being able to close the deal in Super Bowls. 4 (FOUR) cracks at it back in the day but not one trophy.

Sour grapes.

In case anyone doesn't want to read this, he's basically looking at the 2009 game through the eyes of a fan living in 2021 where defensive players get flagged for sneezing on QBs. Nothing more to see here...
Kicker is, he calls it 'proof of cheating' in 2021.

So I guess we switch to flag football rules for QBs. 🙄
If the Vikings had a problem with Farve getting curb stomped, then their Oline needed to stop our rushers. How ridiculous to think that Saints coaches should have told our DEs to back off.
And through that opinion piece, I kept looking for this supposed “proof of cheating”. Surprise, there was none.
Just a whine fest from a bitter Vikes fan.

Also, that was another era. You could actually hit the QB then, and it was the OL, backs and TEs job to prevent it (no one expects WRs to pass block, at least not well).

I don't blame them. If the role's were reversed there would be plenty of articles from saints fans. Its the tragedy for being a sports fan....

That article is ironic considering the NFC North has long been referred to as the "black and blue division".

I'll admit we Saints fans seem like poor sports when harping over the bang-bang no call, but to argue that an entire loss was the result of cheating - from 12 years ago! - really makes their fanbase seem like spurned lovers. I don't think that article does them any favors.

That article is ironic considering the NFC North has long been referred to as the "black and blue division".

I'll admit we Saints fans seem like poor sports when harping over the bang-bang no call, but to argue that an entire loss was the result of cheating - from 12 years ago! - really makes their fanbase seem like spurned lovers. I don't think that article does them any favors.
They really have nothing else. That and 98 were their only shots at a championship since the Grant years.

Robey-Coleman admitted after the game that he gambled with what should've been a penalty to prevent a sure TD.

Yes, gamble. That is what I said. There is a difference between a calculated risk and intent to cheat. The article stated that the Saints had a "plan" to break the rule as opposed to a slit second decision.

----

brett favre steps back to pass..... interception I cant believe this

is my response.

the author -- who "does this for a living", oooh -- clearly feels fifth time would've been the charm for the hapless queens

that trophy case must look awfully empty, except for moldy wads of bud grant's chewed gum

alas for all the frozen purple fans, even later miracles turned to dust thanks to their chokes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom