What do you think about... (1 Viewer)

I doubt that. Most of them are not LSU fans. It is hard to understand how LSU can have so many crappy players but be so good.
You're kidding right? Fans are much harder and more critical of their own team's players than anyone else.

Examples: Brooks' sucks, Reggie can't run straight, Haslett can't coach, Fred Thomas is always burnt...and many more on this board alone. Many of these comments are coming during a 6-2 campaign I remind you.

I wouldn't be so quick to point the finger at LSU haters.

Do elaborate on Quinn if you will. Bust how? What has he shown that will make him be a bust in you eyes?
What has he done that could make him a top 5 pick in the draft? He gets rattled in the big games... he gets rattled in the small games. He reminds me a lot of JP Losman. I'm sure he will go high, and I hope its to a team like Tampa Bay.

QB is one position that you cannot afford to draft in the first round, unless you have a need for a starter. So is the OP wanting to replace Brees? I'm confused by this thread.

IMO, if the Saints draft a QB next year, it will be in the later rounds to take on a young prospect, not in rounds 1 or 2, where you will have to pay too much in bonus money for someone you don't expect to see the field.

Ok, let's assume that he slips to the late 3rd or day two. Do you take him there? So far, I have not heard any deficiencies that would prevent him from being drafted. All flaws mentioned are totally coachable and beneficial to him sitting on the bench for a couple of seasons!

I like LSU. I dont like Les Miles. I cant stand how he is an arrogant SOB. We lucky to get a bowl game with him as our coach. Russell might become an OK Pro but I wouldnt want him on the Saints roster.

You know, you're right! I mean, he has already lost 4 games in his nearly 2 full years at LSU, he is terrible! I mean, with that 19-4 record, his winning percentage is absolutely horrible. Lucky to get to a bowl game INDEED!

You're kidding right? Fans are much harder and more critical of their own team's players than anyone else.

Examples: Brooks' sucks, Reggie can't run straight, Haslett can't coach, Fred Thomas is always burnt...and many more on this board alone. Many of these comments are coming during a 6-2 campaign I remind you.

I wouldn't be so quick to point the finger at LSU haters.

Because for someone to say that he is garbage surely hasn't watched too many games. He is accurate. Strong arm and has touch. It is just for LSU to have so many bad players they usually win a lot of games. I like LSU but my love is not blind. If a players is bad I will say he is bad. Just because I root for LSU don't mean I think everyone who plays there is great. Just give credit where credit is due.

If we're going to glean from LSU next year, I would rather they concentrate on getting LaRon Landry. JaMarcus is a project who will have to learn a lot not to be an INT factory on the pro level. He has the physical tools, but must learn control, decision making, and how to read defenses.

NO, NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didnt we learn from Brooks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would they want to draft a QB anyway? we have a great starter and a solid backup.

...the Saints being in a position to draft JaMarcus Russell if he comes out? Would he be a first rounder? Could the Saints get him in the 2nd round? Would we be able to justify drafting him high. The kid is just great. Just imagine him learning for about two seasons under Drew Brees.

I know we don't necessarily need a QB, but wouldn't it be like the Texans passing on a Reggie Bush type of talent? Let's assume that we would be picking late in the first or even last(Superbowl.) Do we take him there if he's available? I know he won't play for a least two or three seasons but it would give him the chance to learn from one of the best game managers around in Drew. Any thoughts?

No offense buddy but what kind of LSU weed you been smokin?? Hell to the NO....Jamarcus Russell, the guy is great player in college and has some freakish ability and potential but he's too unproven at this point, and he still has to work on quite a few things say what you want but he also has some freakish talent surrounding him as well....

I like that guy Drew Tate from Iowa(LSU fans know him), he reminds me a lot of Drew Brees, I also like Quinn even though Notre Dame players can be quite overated I think he's the goods, Broghms looks very good as well....Russel if he comes out might be the 3rd or 4th QB taken, while I'm not a Matt Flynn guy or a hater of Russell I don't think he's as good as some people make him out, don't get me wrong he's done great things at LSU and I love having him I'm just not sold on if he can be a great QB in the NFL....another QB I think is might be a good one in the future(but is not coming out this year) is Chase Daniel from Missouri......

Because for someone to say that he is garbage surely hasn't watched too many games. He is accurate. Strong arm and has touch. It is just for LSU to have so many bad players they usually win a lot of games. I like LSU but my love is not blind. If a players is bad I will say he is bad. Just because I root for LSU don't mean I think everyone who plays there is great. Just give credit where credit is due.

Are you saying that LSU has bad players??

LB Beckwith is the LSU player the Saints could use. Jamarcus is a great player, but they Saints have their QB. DB, TE, DT are also big needs IMHO

We need another QB like we need another RB.

If we concentrate on building the defense, we'll have a solid shot at a Superbowl in '07 or '08.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom